Aaron S. Turner
Aaron Turner is a member of the firm and his practice is focused on corporate finance and banking transactions. He has extensive experience representing lenders, lender agents, private equity sponsors, institutional purchasers and public and private corporate borrowers in connection with a broad range of finance transactions, including working capital facilities, acquisition financings, bridge and mezzanine financing, cash flow and asset-based facilities, first lien/second lien financings, letter of credit facilities, project financings, recapitalization transactions, cross-border facilities, middle-market financings, debtor-in-possession and exit financings and workouts and restructurings. Aaron’s experience extends to such industries as energy (including, exploration and production, both onshore and offshore, midstream and energy service companies), manufacturing (including medical device manufacturing), retail, technology, healthcare, business services, real estate and consumer products.
Representative Private Equity Finance Representations
- Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer Co. in connection with a $420 million senior secured first lien revolving loan and term loan facility and second lien term loan facility to finance the acquisition of Argon Medical Devices Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in $725 million first and second lien credit facilities to finance its equity investment in RentPath, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in $480 million first lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of 1-800 CONTACTS, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners and one of its technology-industry portfolio companies in connection with a recurring revenue-based revolving facility and term loan.
Representative Corporate Borrower Representations
- Approach Resources Inc. in connection with a critical amendment to its $325 million reserve-based revolving loan facility.
- An offshore drilling contractor and liftboat service provider in connection with its $1.15 billion credit facility secured by a fleet of vessels, $300 million secured Rule 144A debt offering, $200 million unsecured Rule 144A debt offering and $75 million secured credit facility.
- A multi-state gas station operator in connection with its $350 million combined senior secured revolving facility and second-lien private note offering.
Representative Restructuring Representations
- Gulfmark Offshore in connection with its non-debtor affiliate debtor-in-possession credit facility and such nondebtor’s backstop facility and, further, in connection with Gulfmark’s plan of reorganization as it relates to its exit financing.
- Amplify Energy Corp. (f/k/a Memorial Production Partners LP), in an up to $1 billion amended and restated senior secured reserve-based revolving exit facility, with an initial borrowing base of $490 million, to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Ad Hoc Committee of Second Lien Lenders in $200 million debtor-in-possession facilities for Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation to refinance existing first lien indebtedness and pay bankruptcy-related costs and in a senior secured exit facility for Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation, in connection with its emergence from chapter 11 proceedings.
Representative Institutional Purchaser/Underwriter Representations
- Institutional purchasers in connection with various senior secured Rule 144A private placements.
- Underwriter’s counsel in connection with the $275 million senior secured Rule 144A/Regulation S private offering for an independent downstream energy company with refining, retail and pipeline operations.
Representative Agent Representations
- Citibank, as administrative agent, lead arranger and bookrunner, in $975 million first lien term and revolving exit facilities for Vanguard Natural Gas, LLC (n/k/a Vanguard Natural Resources, Inc.), to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., in connection with a senior secured first lien credit facility for a sales and marketing services company.
- Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group in connection with credit facilities for a leading carbonated soft drink company.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel