AJ has over 20 years of legal experience in the entertainment industry. During this time, AJ has served as counsel to numerous award-winning artists, producers, record labels and a wide variety of entertainment companies. His national practice is primarily focused on transactional and litigation matters in the entertainment, media, advertising and technology industries. AJ represents a diverse group of clients, including major and independent record labels, established and developing recording artists, record producers, song writers, entertainment industry executives, fashion models, television and film producers, and a wide variety of large and small companies.
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, AJ was Senior Counsel and Chair of the Entertainment Department at Ice Miller. In addition, he served as president and chief operating officer to a privately held technology company, where he was involved in all aspects of legal, financial and strategic operations of the company. AJ was previously the vice-president of legal affairs and anti-piracy at EMI Records, and the director of business affairs at Sony Music. His experience also includes working at two of the music industry's top law firms, Grubman Indursky & Shire, and Greenberg Traurig.
Highlights & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2014-2018
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association, Entertainment Section
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Sports & Entertainment Section
- Michael Feinstein Great American Song Book Initiative, Board Member, 2011 - present
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- 2012 Superbowl Host Committee, Member - Entertainment Committee
- The International Violin Competition, Board Member
- The Center for Performing Arts, Founding Board Member
- Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center