Alex J. Zurbuch
Alex is a senior associate in the firm’s Business Litigation Practice Group. His practice focuses on corporate litigation, with a particular emphasis on the defense of financial institutions. Alex routinely represents banks and other creditors in state and federal courts and arbitration in loan origination and debt collection actions arising under state and federal consumer protection laws. Alex has widespread experience at all stages of litigation in both state and federal court, including pre-suit dispute resolution, arbitration, pretrial discovery, trial, and appeal.
Alex is a 2011 graduate of Marshall University, graduating magna cum laude with degrees in economics and finance. At Marshall, he was a four-year letterman on the cross-country team. He graduated from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2015, in the top of his class. While in law school, Alex was a member of the clinical law program.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Betta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- The West Virginia Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
Recent Blog Posts
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Tuesday Legal Connect Volunteer - A service provided by Legal Aid of West Virginia and the West Virginia State Bar
- Trout Unlimited
- Lawyer in the School - Mary C. Snow West Side Elementary, Legal Aid of West Virginia
- Planning Committee- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia Young Lawyer CLE
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Student Contributor, "From Liability to Viability, A Legal Toolkit to Address Neglected Properties in West Virginia", 2015.