Amit M. Shanker
Amit is an attorney in the Louisville office, where he focuses his practice in the Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) Practice Group. Amit received his juris doctor degree from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law in 2017. While in law school, Amit was an Executive Articles Editor for the Washington University Jurisprudence Review and volunteered as an evaluator and judge for the Missouri High School Mock Trial Competition.
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Amit was a nonpartisan staff member for the Legislative Research Commission, where he drafted bills and advised legislators on matters relating to taxation, economic development incentives, and state appropriations.
Highlights & Recognitions
- CALI Award, Consumer Contracts Seminar, 2015
- CALI Award, International Money Laundering, Corruption, and Terrorism, 2016
- Scholar in Law Award, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2013
- Otis A. Singletary Scholarship, University of Kentucky, 2013
Memberships & Affiliations
- Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division
- American Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association