Benjamin J. Helwig
Ben is part of the mergers and acquisitions group at Frost Brown Todd with an active transactional practice focused on stock and asset sales and acquisitions. He represents businesses of all sizes with a focus on closely-held and family-owned companies. He serves as outside general counsel to several of these companies offering strategic day-to-day counsel and support to owners at all stages in the life of their business. In this capacity, his practice broadly encompasses new business formation and structuring, entity selection, buy-sell agreements, real estate and leasing agreements, contract negotiation and licensing, business succession, and preparing businesses and owners for sale.
Ben began his career as a litigator, and he has tried cases to judgment for plaintiffs and defendants on varying business disputes. He is a proven advocate on all matters from the preparation of a case to final judgment. He has significant experience in alternative dispute resolution and litigation avoidance strategies, and he is an effective voice in reaching resolution while limiting the cost of litigation when disputes arise.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2009, 2012-2016
- Great Leaders Under Forty, Venue Magazine, Winter 2015
- 33 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 11 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2016
- 37 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® for 2015
- Five New Members Named in Frost Brown Todd's Cincinnati and West Chester Offices
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 11 New Members
- 42 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®
- 43 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 17 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2013
- Benjamin J. Helwig Joins Frost Brown Todd