As a senior associate with the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice Group, Ben advises several automobile manufacturers in matters relating to troubled automobile parts suppliers, including large supplier and automotive bankruptcies.
As a member of the Financial Technology Service Team, Ben provides business and legal insight to a variety of companies in the payments industry, including advising clients in the blockchain, cryptocurrency and digital assets environment.
Ben has extensive experience as a commercial litigator, working on complex cases involving business disputes for an array of clients. Ben appreciates the opportunity to help Nashville businesses navigate legal disputes and achieve comprehensive solutions in a cost-efficient manner.
Ben obtained a $2 million+ judgment as counsel for one of the "big four" publishing companies in a copyright infringement action involving over 500 musical compositions.
Ben has also represented various financial institutions in cases involving loan servicing, auto finance, and mutual funds, and has experience working on matters involving labor and employment.
Highlights & Recognitions
- AT&T Excellence in Pro Bono Legal Services Award, 2011
- Dean’s Award for Public Service, 2012
- Georgia Merit Scholarship
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Young Leaders Council, Class 66
- Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands, Board of Directors Intern (2016-2017)
- Jewish Federation of Nashville, NowGen Board Co-Chair
- Center for Nonprofit Management, Innovation Catalyst Team Member
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Author, "In the Age of the Smart Car," Southern Automotive Alliance (Summer 2017)