Carlos White is a transactional lawyer with substantial experience in advising clients on corporate, commercial, and franchising matters. Carlos' experience includes counseling start-up, mid-market, and large companies on a full gamut of domestic and international franchising issues, including disclosure laws and documents, franchise offers, transfers, renewals, terminations, and M&A transactions; representing clients on private offerings and joint ventures; and serving as outside general counsel for small and mid-market companies. Carlos has also served as general counsel for a global I.T. company.
Franchise & Distribution
- Created franchise programs and oversaw the annual franchise registration process for numerous franchise concepts in various industries, including quick and full-service restaurants, hotel and hospitality, real estate, senior assisted living, financial services, date and match-making, and computer services.
- Counseled and advised various manufacturers, distributors, and dealers on dealer, franchise relationship, and business opportunity laws.
- Served as franchise counsel for a private equity firm in its multi-million-dollar purchase of a transportation and logistics franchise system.
- Served as franchise counsel for a private equity firm in its multi-million-dollar sell of an oil service franchise system.
- Served as franchise counsel for a multi-billion-dollar company in its sale of a restaurant concept to a San Francisco-based private equity firm.
- Served as franchise counsel for a well-known quick service restaurant in establishing a franchise program in Mexico.
- Served as franchise counsel for a multi-billion-dollar hotel company in restructuring its franchise program in the United States and establishing a franchise program in Mexico.
- Served as franchise counsel for a multi-billion hotel/hospitality company in establishing franchise and distribution networks in Australia, Barbados, Singapore, Russia, and Thailand.
- Served as franchise counsel for a well-known beverage company in restructuring its distribution network in the United States and establishing franchise programs in Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and UAE.
- Represented numerous multi-unit franchisees in franchise acquisitions, transfers and private offerings, and in evaluating their statutory rights under applicable franchise laws.
Corporate & Commercial
- Represented management team of a consumer product and services company in a billion-dollar change in control transaction.
- Served as General Counsel and oversaw and implemented the legal strategy for corporate governance matters, supply chain and customer agreements and arrangements, and day-to-day operational matters for a company and its subsidiaries.
- Acted as the chief administrative lawyer for a company whose workforce expanded from 110 to 600 employees, total revenues from $80 to nearly $400 million, and customer count from 5,700 to over 25,000 in a two-year period.
Highlights & Recognitions
- D Magazine, Best Lawyers in Dallas, Franchise Law
- Texas General Counsel Forum Magna Stella Awards, "Best Small Legal Department" finalist
- Association of Corporate Counsel and D CEO Magazine Corporate Counsel Awards, "Outstanding In-house Counsel" nominee
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Penn Law Club
- Friend of Wharton DFW
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Jaguar Foundation of Atlanta Board of Advisors
- Served as Big Brothers/Big Sisters Dallas County Board Member
- Served as Southern Dallas Development Corporation Board Member