Carly M. Sherman
Carly is an associate in the litigation department and a member of the Government Services Practice Group. Although she assists government clients with a wide variety of litigation and contract matters, her practice primarily focuses on land use, zoning and real estate litigation. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Dayton School of Law in 2017. While in law school, Carly was a member of Law Review and the Moot Court team, as well as a Teaching Assistant for the first-year law student legal writing class. Carly was a law clerk for GE Aviation in 2015 and a Summer Associate with Frost Brown Todd in 2016.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Dean Francis Conte Award (Best Research and Writing for Law Review Comment), University of Dayton School of Law, 2016
- CALI Awards: Property II, Appellate Advocacy, Law and Special Education
- Third Place “Best Brief” in 2017 Thurgood Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competition
- How to Enhance School Security Without Violating Privacy
- Big Changes Are in Store for Ohio Townships
- Promptly and Appropriately Responding to Sexual Harassment Complaints Is Important to Help Shield a Public Employer from Title VII Liability
- Public Officials and Government Facebook Pages: Don’t Block Me, Bro!