Cathleen D. Wyatt
Cathleen practices corporate and real estate law, focusing in the areas of commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, and general business planning. She counsels clients ranging from startups to mature companies on issues pertaining to their businesses and operations, including entity formation, contract negotiation, corporate governance, organizational structuring and general business advising. She uses her broad financial and legal experience to provide practical solutions to complicated problems.
Cathleen’s representative corporate and real estate experience includes:
- Entity selection, formation and organizational matters, including organizing limited liability companies and corporations, and preparing governance documents such as operating agreements, bylaws, and shareholder agreements
- Corporate governance practices and fiduciary duties
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Letters of intent, and confidentiality, non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Commercial contracts, master service agreements, and professional services agreements
- Real estate purchase and sale agreements and leases
- Homeowner and property owner association formations
- Complex real estate matters, including like-kind exchanges
Cathleen represents companies in a diverse set of industries, including manufacturing, construction, real estate development, distribution, food & beverage, environmental waste management, and business services.
Cathleen joined the firm in 2015 after graduating magna cum laude from Indiana University Maurer School of Law. Prior to law school, she worked for twelve years in the banking industry, focusing her career on anti-money laundering compliance and fraud prevention.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Order of the Coif, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, 2015
- Managing Editor, Indiana Law Journal, 2014-2015
- Bernard Harrold Endowment Scholarship Recipient, 2014-2015
Memberships & Affiliations
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)