Colin T. Kennedy
Colin is an associate in Frost Brown Todd's Commercial-Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) practice group in the Louisville office. He focuses on representing institutional lenders in complex real estate transactions. Prior to joining the firm, Colin served as the Assistant General Counsel of Blackhawk Mining LLC, where his practice focused primarily on corporate finance matters, including capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance structures.
Colin received his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2016. During law school, Colin served as the Executive Editor of the Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law and clerked for the Honorable David A. Barber of the Supreme Court of Kentucky. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Kentucky, where he holds a bachelor's degree in economics.
Highlights & Recognitions
- American Bar Association (ABA) Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law, 2016
- CALI Award – Bankruptcy, 2016
- CALI Award - Copyrights, 2015
- CALI Award – Legal Rhetoric, 2015
- CALI Award – Advanced Legal Research, 2015
- CALI Award – Constitutional Law, 2014
- CALI Award – Sports Law & Arbitration, 2014
Memberships & Affiliations
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Young Lawyer's Division