Darren A. Craig
Darren focuses his practice on resolving business and commercial disputes. Darren represents financial institutions, manufacturers, public utilities, and other businesses in a variety of disputes, including breach of contract actions, director and officer liability claims, securities disputes, and disputes relating to trade secrets and covenants not to compete. Darren also serves as loss-prevention counsel to Frost Brown Todd, providing advice on professional responsibility issues.
Represent banks in disputes arising under the Uniform Commercial Code and consumer protection laws.
Represent manufacturers in breach of contract and breach of warranty claims.
Represent public utilities in disputes related to fuel-supply contracts and land-use rights.
Represent owners, directors, and officers of businesses in suits alleging securities violations and breaches of fiduciary duty.
Represent businesses in disputes relating to use of trade secrets.
Represent businesses in disputes relating to scope and enforceability of restrictive covenants.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Chambers USA, Recognized Practitioner, Litigation: General Commercial, 2018
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers®, 2016-2018
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2012–2015
- Junior Achievement of Central Indiana, Indy's Best and Brightest Finalist, Law, 2010
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Trial Academy Graduate, 2010
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Bar Leader Series Class VI, 2008-2009
- Order of the Coif, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2004
- Notes and Comments Editor, Indiana Law Journal, 2003–2004
- Chancellor’s Fellow, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2001-2004
- Phi Beta Kappa, Purdue University, 1995
Memberships & Affiliations
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- Indiana Supreme Court Reaffirms Limits To Jury Trials In Foreclosure Actions
- Indiana Court Of Appeals Invalidates Arbitration Agreement That Selected NAF As Arbitrator On The Ground It Is Impossible To Perform
- Seventh Circuit Rejects Bankruptcy Confirmation Plan That Eliminates Credit Bidding
- Seventh Circuit Gives Mortgage Lender's Security Interest In Future Rental Income Priority Over Federal Tax Lien
- Federal Reserve Board Approves Final Rule On Conformance Period For Volcker Rule
- Indiana Court Of Appeals Allows Jury Trial For Counterclaims In Foreclosure Proceedings
- Courts Restrict Secured Creditors' Right To Credit Bid At Bankruptcy Sales
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program Begins April 5, 2010
- Indiana Court of Appeals Clarifies What Limitations Period Applies to Suits Brought on Credit Card Debts
- Federal Reserve Board Announces Final Rules on Overdraft Fees for ATM and Debit Card Transactions
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Chambers USA®
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Editions of Indiana Super Lawyers® and Indiana Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Indiana Super Lawyers and Indiana Rising Stars
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Indiana Super Lawyers®
- 26 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Indiana Super Lawyers® and Four Recognized in Indiana Rising Stars® for 2015
- 27 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Indiana Super Lawyers®; 7 Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Indiana Super Lawyers®; 11 Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 12 New Members
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Indiana Super Lawyers® and 12 Recognized by Indiana Rising Stars® for 2012
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Michele for IPS, campaign committee treasurer, 2018
- Community Montessori School, Inc., board of directors, 2014-2018
- Riley Cheer Guild, Inc., board of directors, 2008-2014
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, distinguished fellow, 2012
Non-FBT Publications and Events
- Indiana Class Actions, included as Chapter 49 in A Practitioner's Guide to Class Actions (ABA 2d ed. 2017), co-author with Amy S. Wilson.
- Sale of Goods, included as Chapter 119 in Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts (Thomson Reuters 4th ed. 2016), co-author with Wm. T. (Bill) Robinson III.
- "Appellate Civil Case Law Update," Res Gestae, June 2009, January 2009, September 2008, January 208, October 2007, June 2007, April 2007, January 2007, and October 2006, co-author with Maggie L. Smith.
- "Statutes of Frauds Applicable to Credit Agreements," For The Defense, October 2008, co-author with Heidi G. Goebel.
- "Actions Founded on Statutory Liability: Adopting a Limitations Period for Attorneys' Fees Actions Brought Under the Individuals with Disability Education Act," 79 Indiana Law Journal 493 (2004).
- Applied Professionalism: Conflicts of Interest, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, October 19, 2018.
- 20th Century Rules in the 21st Century Digital World, Indiana State Bar Association Annual Meeting, October 11, 2018.
- Third-Party Subpoenas: Using or Objecting to Subpoenas to Obtain Testimony and Evidence, Clear Law Institute, March 29, 2018.
- Proposed Changes to Class-Action Rules, Duke Energy Corporation, November 2, 2017.
- Cooperation, Collaboration, or Collusion: Antitrust Issues in the Asphalt Paving Industry, Flexible Pavements of Ohio, March 3, 2015.
- Cooperation or Collusion: Antitrust Issues for Trade Associations, Indiana Society of Association Executives, February 26, 2015.
- Antitrust Issues in Road Construction, Purdue Road School, March 12, 2014.
- Rule 45: Third-Party Subpoenas and Upcoming Amendments, Strafford Webinar, July 11, 2013.
- Article 2 Sales: Buyer and Seller Remedies, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, November 13, 2012.
- Business Litigation Torts: The Common & Uncommon, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, June 13, 2012.
- Cooperation, Collaboration, or Collusion: Enhanced Anti-Trust Scrutiny, Asphalt Pavement Association of Indiana, March 4, 2010.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: The Latest Trends, Allen County Bench/Bar Conference, April 24, 2008.