Douglas R. Dennis
Doug is a member in the litigation department of Frost Brown Todd LLC, focused on products liability, ERISA litigation and appellate advocacy.
Doug has extensive experience in products liability cases in a wide variety of areas, including hand tools, elevator parts, filter parts for EPA compliance, and pharmaceuticals.
Doug has handled over 30 ERISA and other benefits litigation actions for fortune 500 companies.
Doug has briefed and argued many appeals in the Ohio appellate courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Ninth Circuits. Doug co-authored West's Ohio Appellate Practice Handbook with Judge Mark P. Painter for five years and has chaired the Ohio State Bar Association Appellate Committee and Cincinnati Bar Association Appellate Committee.
After graduating from West Point, Doug served in Armor and Air Cavalry units in Europe and the United States for five years, before attending law school.
After law school, Doug clerked for Judge Mark P. Painter on the Ohio First District Court of Appeals (1995-1997) and worked on the most published opinions for the court (30), over that time period.
Doug has been a baseball writer since 1998 and has contributed to USA Today, Baseball Weekly, ESPN, appeared on Fox Sports and has worked as a consultant for the St. Louis Cardinals.
Highlights & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2016-2019, Commercial Litigation
- Ohio Super Lawyers® 2019, Appellate
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Board of Trustees President (2016-2017)
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 includes 169 Frost Brown Attorneys
- 51 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys named to 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers® and Ohio Rising Stars® Lists
- 163 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- 34 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 20 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2018
- 161 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Ohio Appellate Practice Handbook, (West) 2008 Ed. (with Judge Mark P. Painter) (author of 5 editions 2004-2008)