Forrest W. Ragsdale III
Forrest is an experienced legal advisor, with a particular focus in the areas of franchising and chain store development. He has served as general counsel of two national restaurant brands and has worked with many other companies in the retail, restaurant and hospitality sectors. He has extensive experience with substantial business transactions, corporate governance matters, corporate real estate, dispute resolution, risk management, intellectual property, corporate compliance and other issues related to the growth and development of consumer brands. He regularly counsels senior executives and boards of directors on legal matters, and strategies necessary to achieve business objectives.
- Handled large scale refranchising programs for several national restaurant brands.
- Managed the legal aspects of the successful emergence from bankruptcy of a national restaurant chain.
- Integrated legal, risk management, security and other functions of two national restaurant brands into a larger holding company structure.
- Served as outside general counsel for a national consumer products company, and handled the transfer of its business to a strategic acquirer.
- Worked with a growing hospitality company to build a national chain of extended stay hotels.
- Worked to establish system-wide purchasing cooperatives for national franchise brands.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Former Chairman of the Corporate House Counsel Section, Kentucky Bar Association
- Recognized by the Best Lawyers in America, Franchising
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- International Franchise Association
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Shepherd’s House, Inc., Founding Member of the Board of Directors & Member of the Executive Committee
- Health Kentucky, Inc., Former General Counsel
- Community Montessori School, Former Board Chairman,
- Louisville Ballet, Former Board Member