Holly L. Clarke
Holly Clarke focuses her practice on international transactions and all aspects of U.S. government contracting. She works to gain a deep understanding of each client's business and goals, and crafts a holistic legal strategy around those goals.
With experience guiding businesses through U.S. and international government contracting including foreign military sales and direct commercial sales to foreign governmental entities, Holly has spent the majority of her career as executive in-house counsel for companies including General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc., L-3 Communications Aerospace Systems and Caterpillar Inc., where she led teams in legal matters involving contract procurement, negotiation, performance, close-outs and disputes.
Her experience includes managing contracts with the U.S. Department of Defense for the Army, Air Force and Navy as well as NASA, the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA), the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and the General Services Administration (GSA). Internationally, Holly has negotiated and served as lead counsel on multi-million-dollar deals with the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence, the Republic of South Korea, the Royal Australian Air Force, the New Zealand Air Force, and several other international sales, services and industrial participation agreements.
Holly has extensive experience in international transactions, federal government contracting, including bid protests, disputes, FMS and DCS sales, False Claims Act, antitrust litigation and counseling, commercial litigation, internal investigations, compliance initiatives, including FCPA, and employment law. She is also a frequent speaker on topics related to government contracting, government enforcement, and compliance initiatives.
- Led a multidisciplinary team through negotiations and contract award of a billion-dollar international program with the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence (UK MOD).
- Successfully negotiated and closed a $100 million direct-commercial sales contract with the UK MOD six weeks before the closing deadline.
- Lead counsel on FMS sale of transport aircraft to Royal Australian Air Force.
- Led negotiations with customers and business partners located in Italy, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
- Created an international corporate library comprised of detailed resource materials, legal memoranda, desk-reference guides, and quick-reference travel materials for multiple countries across the Middle East, Europe, Asia and South America.
- Successfully executed dissolution strategy of a joint-venture with an Italian joint-venture teammate. Successfully reformed the business relationship to better meet each company’s business objectives.
- Devised and led successful negotiations with the New Zealand Ministry of Defense regarding the upgrade of New Zealand’s fleet of C-130 aircraft.
- Successfully negotiated and settled dispute between client and the United States Corps of Engineers resulting in a significant monetary settlement in client’s favor.