Jacinta F. Porter
Jacinta focuses her practice on Tort and Insurance Defense, Product Liability, and Employment Law.
Jacinta has helped defend numerous products, including prescription drugs and medical devices. Jacinta has also represented numerous employers across the Commonwealth. She has defended public and private employers in actions alleging, among others, ADA violations, gender discrimination, race discrimination, retaliation, and termination in violation of public policy.
Jacinta graduated in 2009 from the University of Kentucky College of Law. In law school, she was the Managing Editor of the Kentucky Law Journal and a member of the Women's Law Caucus. She also completed a year-long fellowship with the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission, conducting research and drafting legislation primarily in the areas of education law.
Prior to joining FBT, Jacinta was an Associate at the Bowling Green law firm Bell, Orr, Ayers & Moore, where she was board counsel for the Warren County Board of Education and Daviess County Board of Education.
- Obtained summary judgment for a public employer on claims of sexual harassment by a former employee.
- Represented a client in pelvic mesh multi district litigation.
- Represented the Warren County Board of Education in a nonresident dispute with Bowling Green Independent School District, involving millions of dollars in state funding for the districts.
- Received a defense verdict for an employer client on the plaintiff’s claims of age and disability discrimination.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Kentucky Defense Counsel, Member
- Fayette County Bar Association, 2015