Jack B. Hemenway II
Jack is a senior associate in the firm’s West Chester office where he practices in the area of government services, with a focus on labor and employment. He advises clients on compliance with a wide array of federal and state labor and employment issues and represents employers in employment litigation. He also represents clients in collective bargaining negotiations and labor arbitrations. He advises clients on public record and student data privacy issues.
Jack is a former Frost Brown Todd summer associate. Prior to that, he was a Law Clerk at GE Aviation, where he worked on environmental and occupational safety matters. Jack also externed for the Honorable Judge Thomas M. Rose in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio. Before law school, Jack worked as a Branch Manager at Stanley Steemer and coached basketball at Wilmington College.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Dean's Fellow, University of Dayton School of Law
- CALI Award, Civil Trial Practice
- CALI Award, Employment Law
- Supreme Court Sends Transgender Bathroom Case Back to Court of Appeals
- Trump Administration Revokes Administrative Guidance Regarding Transgender Student Rights in Schools
- Sixth Circuit Refuses to Overrule Injunction Requiring School to Allow Transgender Student to use Restroom Based on Gender Identity
- SCOTUS Blocks Order Requiring School to Allow Transgender Student Access to Bathroom Matching Their Gender Identity
- Federal Government directs public schools to allow transgender students to use bathroom that matches their gender identity
- The Effects of the State Biennial Budget on Ohio School Districts
- Guidance regarding English learner students equal access to high-quality education