Jenai M. Brackett
Jenai is a managing associate in the Indianapolis office of Frost Brown Todd, with a focus on complex business litigation and white-collar criminal defense. Jenai has jury and bench trial experience and has practiced before both state and federal courts.
Jenai earned her J.D. magna cum laude from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where she served as President of the Student Bar Association. In addition, Jenai was the Fellowship Director of the Dean’s Tutorial Society and served on the Executive Board of the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Law School Division. Jenai also interned with Magistrate Judge Debra McVicker Lynch in the Southern District of Indiana.
While in law school, Jenai served as an associate justice on the Moot Court Executive Board. She became a member of the Order of the Barristers and was awarded the Mitzi H. Martin Moot Court Award - presented to the top oral advocate for the opening rounds of the Honorable Robert H. Staton Moot Court Competition. Jenai represented the law school at the national level at the 2010 American Bar Association Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition and coached the 2011 team to win their regional round and advance to nationals.
Jenai was a member of the Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Leader Series, Class XIV. She is also an Emerging Leader with United Way of Central Indiana and is a graduate of United Way’s 2012-2013 Generation Now series and the 2014 Stanley K. Lacy LEAD program. Jenai has been recognized as a Rising Star in Indiana for Business Litigation since 2015.
Jenai is Chair of the Civic Committee for the Indianapolis Bar Association's Young Lawyer's Division. She is also a member of the American Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association and the Young Professionals of Central Indiana.
Jenai serves on the R&D committee for Teachers Treasures and volunteers with the Patachou Foundation, Ask-A-Lawyer program and the Indianapolis Bar Association's Legal Line. Jenai has also served as a Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2015--2018
- Up & Coming Lawyer, Indiana Lawyer, Leadership in Law Awards, 2017
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Trial Academy, Graduate (2017)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Young Professionals of Central Indiana
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Editions of Indiana Super Lawyers® and Indiana Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Indiana Super Lawyers and Indiana Rising Stars
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Indiana Super Lawyers®
- Jenai S. Mehra Joins Frost Brown Todd