John practices in the Real Estate Practice Group and Multifamily Housing Industry Team with a focus on commercial real estate transactions. He advises developers, investors and lenders in the acquisition, construction, development, and sale of multifamily and commercial properties nationwide.
John earned his J.D. from the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law and graduated cum laude with a Certificate of Distinction in Transactional Skills with the honor of being the Outstanding Law Student Graduate. While in law school, John served in the American Bar Association’s House of Delegates and on the Louisville Bar Association’s Board of Directors. He was a member of the University of Louisville Law Review, and an editor for the Journal of Law and Education. Additionally, John represented start-up business clients in the Entrepreneurship Clinic and had the opportunity to consult on an amicus brief to the United States Supreme Court.
Prior to joining the firm, John clerked with LG&E-KU’s In-House Counsel. He previously taught high school government in Nashville, TN through Teach For America and led the University of Louisville’s McConnell Scholars as the group’s Chair during his undergraduate studies.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Outstanding Writing Skills Instructor, Central High School Law School Partnership, 2017
- Game Ball Service Award, St. Matthews Baptist Church Upward Basketball, 2012
Memberships & Affiliations
- Louisville Bar Association, Law Student Member of the Board
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Law Student Division Delegate to the House of Delegates
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Chapter Co-Director, New Leaders Council of Kentucky