Katherine M. Klingelhafer
Katy is a trial lawyer and practices in the firm’s Tort and Insurance Defense Practice Group. As a member of the firm focusing on insurance matters, Katy has handled a wide variety of insurance coverage and bad faith lawsuits. Katy’s litigation experience includes several trials and numerous dispositive motion victories on insurance matters involving extra-contractual claims. In addition to her trial experience, Katy has worked to negotiate resolution of countless matters during all phases of litigation.
In addition to insurance matters, Katy has also successfully litigated on behalf of clients in a wide variety of commercial disputes, including banking matters, lease disputes, and foreclosures.
Katy is a member of the firm’s Women’s Initiative Steering Committee.
Katy graduated from Duke University with a History degree and an English minor. In the Spring of 2009, she graduated magna cum laude from the Michael Moritz College of Law at Ohio State University. During school, Katy interned at the Durham, NC district attorney’s office and worked as a research assistant. She is actively involved in the Ronald McDonald House of Central Ohio Red Shoe Society and the United Way of Central Ohio Women’s Leadership Council.
Recent Blog Posts
- On Account Claim Deficient Where Account Statements Attached To Plaintiff's Complaint Do Not Reflect Purchases And Payments
- Ohio Court Refuses To Permit An Auctioneer, Rather Than A Sheriff, To Sell Property Following Foreclosure
- In Ohio, Termination Of Notice Of Commencement Doesn't Put Mortgage Ahead Of Mechanics' Lien
- Court Of Appeals Finds That Plaintiff Is Entitled To 25% Interest Rate On Default Judgment Instead Of Statutory Rate of 4%
- Court Of Appeals Finds That Plaintiff Is Entitled To 24.95% Interest Rate Agreed Upon In The Parties' Contract
- Non-Party Ordered To Make A Turnover Of Proceeds Of A Sale Has No Standing To Appeal
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Ronald McDonald Charities of Central Ohio - Member of Red Shoe Society, serving as Chair of the Membership Committee; United Way of Central Ohio Women’s Leadership Council - Member, also serving as an E3 (“educated, empowered and elevated”) mentor to working women in central Ohio seeking additional educational opportunities and increased stability.