Laura H. Theilmann
Laura assists a broad range of clients, including non-profit corporations, educational facilities, state and local governments, as well as manufacturing clients successfully plan, structure and complete their capital, financing and commercial projects. She has served as bond counsel, underwriters’ counsel, trustee’s counsel, counsel to for-profit, non-profit and governmental entities and counsel to conduit borrowers in many types of transactions including interim financings, variable-rate and fixed-rate debt issuances, general obligation debt issuances, pooled financings, various governmental economic development incentives and financing leases.
She serves as bond counsel to the largest school district in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the 29th largest public school district in the nation. Laura has also served as issuer’s counsel relating to (i) the procurement, financing and construction of a bridge across the Ohio River from downtown Louisville, Kentucky, to Jeffersonville, Indiana, and the reconstruction and reconfiguration of the existing Kennedy Bridge, (ii) the modernization of the existing Kennedy Interchange, and (ii) the reconfiguration of the Indiana approach to the downtown bridge as part of the Louisville-Southern Indiana Ohio River Bridges Project.
- $54,860,000 Jefferson County (KY) School District Finance Corporation School Building Revenue Bonds, Series 2019;
- $226,340,000 Louisville and Jefferson County (KY) Metropolitan Sewer District Sewer and Drainage System Subordinated Bond Anticipation Notes, Series 2018
- $22,575,000 Bowling Green (KY) Independent School District Finance Corporation School Building Revenue Bonds, Series 2018
- $18,500,000 River Ridge Development Authority (IN) Subordinated Tax Increment Revenue Bond Anticipation Notes, Series 2018
- $1,303,945.50 Paducah-McCracken County (KY) Riverport Authority Economic Development Revenue Notes, Series 2017
Highlights & Recognitions
- Recognized as one of the "Top Lawyers" in the area of Project Finance Law and Public Finance Law by Louisville Magazine, 2013-2014.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Listed in the Bond Buyer’s Directory of Municipal Bond Dealers of the United States (the “Red Book”)
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Saint Benedict Center for Early Childhood Education (a Metro United Way agency), former Board Member &Treasurer
- Focus Louisville, Graduate
- Jefferson County Public School System, Tutor & Mentor
- Traditional Male High School PTSA, Member
- Christ Church United Methodist, Member