Lynda M. Hill
Lynda has 20 years of experience representing clients in a wide range of business disputes, and focuses on representing automotive OEMs and suppliers in the areas of supplier risk management, distressed supplier workouts, commercial litigation, and product liability actions. Lynda serves as co-chair of the firm’s Automotive Industry Team of more than 40 attorneys who work extensively with automotive clients, including OEMs, Tier suppliers, private equity funds, and others. Lynda also counsels financial institutions that wish to prevent or have discovered fraud-based losses.
Lynda is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator. Lynda also serves on the board of the Tennessee Automotive Manufacturers Association and the Southern Automotive Women’s Forum, a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the advancement of women in the automotive industry.
Distressed Supplier Activity
- Serves as lead counsel for clients when distressed suppliers threaten supply chain integrity and product production. Representation includes working with customer groups to negotiate and draft accommodation agreements, exit agreements, and related contracts necessary to secure continued production or timely exit. As required, Lynda also seeks court intervention to ensure recovery of tooling and equipment.
- Represents clients in a wide range of individual and class/collective actions involving personal injuries allegedly due to product defects.
- Over the course of six years, successfully defended component part manufacturer of underground fuel distribution system in litigation throughout the Southeast United States relating to individual and putative class-action claims for alleged defective products resulting in environmental contamination. The total claims exceeded $8 billion. City of St. Petersburg v. Total Containment, Inc., 265 F.R.D. 630 (S.D. Fla. 2010); Brookshire Bros. Holding, Inc. v. Total Containment, Inc., 2007 WL 2491807 (W.D. La. 2007).
Business and Commercial Litigation
- Represented Tier 1 suppliers in contract litigation and actions relating to the import and distribution into the United States of counterfeit automotive products.
- Represented commercial truck buyer in litigation filed by third-party competitor seeking damages against buyer and OEM for alleged Sherman Act violations. RDK Truck Sales and Service, Inc. v. Mack Trucks, Inc., 2009 WL 1441578 (E.D. Pa. 2009).
- Significant experience investigating and litigating fraud claims for and against financial institutions. Includes experience defending and asserting civil R.I.C.O. claims and analyzing and litigating insurance coverage issues.
- Represented Amicus Curiae in seminal Tennessee Supreme Court case solidifying Tennessee’s position on contract interpretation. Individual Healthcare Specialists, Inc. v. BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc., ___ S.W.3d ____, No. M201502524SCR11CV, 2019 WL 256716 (Tenn. Jan. 18, 2019).
Highlights & Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- Mid-South Super Lawyers 2014-2018, Rising Star 2009-2010
Memberships & Affiliations
- Federal Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association, State Bar of Georgia, & Alabama State Bar
- Defense Research Institute
- Frost Brown Todd Nashville Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Mid-South Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Nashville Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Mid-South Rising Stars®
- 8 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers®; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- Nashville A-List Meets For Annual Networking Event
- Frost Brown Todd Hosts Scholarship Fundraiser for Southern Automotive Women’s Forum
- Frost Brown Todd Names Chair of Litigation Technology Advisory Committee
- Nashville Women’s Networking Pioneer Joins Frost Brown Todd
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Belmont University College of Law American Inn of Court, 2015 - 2018
- Southern Automotive Women's Forum, Board Member and Treasurer
- Tennessee Automotive Manufacturers Association, Board Member