Lynda M. Hill
Whether providing risk management counseling or trying cases before judge and jury, Lynda keeps clients’ business interests in mind and advises them regarding the most cost effective ways to avoid and resolve legal disputes.
Lynda handles a wide range of business disputes, but focuses on defending manufacturers and distributors in contract disputes and product liability actions. Lynda also counsels financial institutions that wish to prevent or have discovered fraud-based losses.
Additionally, Lynda is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator.
In 2013, Lynda created the "Nashville A-List Business Women's Network," which facilitates networking among Middle Tennessee's business elite and rising stars.
- Six years of experience successfully defending component part manufacturer of underground fuel distribution system in litigation throughout the Southeast United States relating to individual and putative class-action claims for alleged defective products resulting in environmental contamination. The total claims exceeded $8 billion. E.g., City of St. Petersburg v. Total Containment, Inc., 265 F.R.D. 630 (S.D. Fla. 2010); Brookshire Bros. Holding, Inc. v. Total Containment, Inc., 2007 WL 2491807 (W.D. La. 2007).
- Significant experience investigating and litigating fraud claims for and against financial institutions. Includes experience defending and asserting civil R.I.C.O. claims and analyzing and litigating insurance coverage issues.
- Nine years experience representing clients in defense of workers’ compensation litigation in Tennessee and Alabama. Conducted human resource training on preventing, reporting, and managing workers’ compensation claims.
- Represented automotive industry supplier and medical device manufacturer in litigation relating to the import and distribution into the United States of counterfeit products.
- Represented commercial truck buyer in litigation filed by third-party competitor seeking damages against buyer and OEM for alleged Sherman Act violations. E.g. RDK Truck Sales and Service, Inc. v. Mack Trucks, Inc., 2009 WL 1441578 (E.D. Pa. 2009).
Highlights & Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- Mid-South Super Lawyers 2014-2017, Rising Star 2009-2010
Memberships & Affiliations
- American & Federal Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association, State Bar of Georgia, & Alabama State Bar
- Nashville Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Lawyers' Association for Women -- Marion Griffin Chapter
- Frost Brown Todd Nashville Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Mid-South Rising Stars®
- 8 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers®; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- Nashville A-List Meets For Annual Networking Event
- Frost Brown Todd Hosts Scholarship Fundraiser for Southern Automotive Women’s Forum
- Frost Brown Todd Names Chair of Litigation Technology Advisory Committee
- Nashville Women’s Networking Pioneer Joins Frost Brown Todd
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- TuneTown Show Chorus, President 2011-2013
- Rotary Club of Nashville, Member
- Southern Automotive Women's Forum, Board Member, 2015-present
- Belmont University College of Law American Inn of Court