M. Todd Lewis
Todd practices in the Lexington office in the firm's personal and succession planning practice group. He concentrates his practice in estate planning, probate estate and trust administration, business succession planning, asset protection planning, wealth transfer planning, and charitable giving. He also advises clients on income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxation issues.
Todd has experience in drafting and implementation of wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, installment sales, grantor retained annuity trusts, residence trusts, private family foundations and donor advised funds, and charitable remainder and charitable trusts. He also has experience in planning for distributions from retirement plans and IRAs. Todd frequently works with high-net worth individuals and families, and closely held business owners and has experience planning for their unique situations.
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Todd earned his LL.M. degree in Taxation from the University of Florida-Levin College of Law, where he served as coach of the Tax Moot Court Board. Prior to receiving his LL.M., Todd attended the Charleston School of Law in Charleston, South Carolina, where he served as the Associate Managing Editor of the Charleston Law Review and the Associate Justice for the Moot Court Board, and volunteered as a VITA Income Tax Preparer for low-income families in the Charleston area. He received his undergraduate degree in Accountancy from the University of Louisville in 2006.
Highlights & Recognitions
- National Tax Moot Court Competition – First Place, 2011 as Coach; Second Runner-Up, 2010 as Competitor
- CALI Awards in Federal Income Taxation, Partnership Taxation, Civil Tax Procedure & Litigation Strategy
- Michael T. Schexnayder Scholarship Recipient, 2010
Memberships & Affiliations
- Bluegrass Estate Planning Council - Past President, 2017-2018; President, 2016-2017; Vice President, 2015-2016; Secretary, 2014-2015
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- BGCF 365 - Networking Committee, 2018
- VITA – Volunteer Income Tax Assistance