Nicholas J. Koch
Nick is a litigator with a broad business litigation practice that spans two states and several industries. He represents companies in contract disputes, personal injury and property damage claims, class action suits, mass tort claims, and insurance coverage and bad faith claims in both state and federal courts. Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Nick worked at boutique firms that specialized in oil and gas litigation and asbestos and mass tort defense, respectively. The breadth of Nick’s practice is complemented by his experience; he has successfully defended clients in all phases of litigation, including trials and appeals.
Nick graduated cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he served as an articles editor for the University of Pittsburgh Law Review. He is a member of both the Pennsylvania and the West Virginia State Bar Associations. He was selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Rising Stars® from 2014-2018 by Super Lawyers magazine, an honor limited to the top 2.5 percent of young attorneys in the state.
- Successfully defended an oil and gas company against an action challenging the validity of an upset tax sale at the trial court level and in the subsequent appeal to the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
- Represented both insured and uninsured industrial and commercial manufacturers, distributors, and service providers against claims arising from exposure to asbestos.
- Defended an oil and gas exploration and production company in a class action lawsuit.
- Successfully defended a life insurance company in a breach of contract action.
- Represented a national insurance company in multiple property damage and bad faith claims.
- Successfully defended an oil and gas lessee and landman in royalty and lease avoidance litigation.
- Defended a national lender against consumer credit and protection act claims.
- Represented a developer in a tax assessment appeal.
- Defended a university against breach of contract and due process claims stemming from a student’s dismissal.
- Represented multiple landowners in boundary-line disputes.
- Managed contract attorneys conducting document review of electronic discovery.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Rising Stars®, 2014-2017
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Board of Directors, Side Project, Inc.