Terese (Terrie) M. Wells
Terrie concentrates her practice in the area of real estate law, particularly in matters relating to the sale, acquisition, development and leasing of real property for commercial and municipal purposes. As a licensed title insurance agent, Terrie handles commercial closings and issues title insurance for the firm’s title agency, Multi-State Title Agency, LLC.
Terrie previously worked as a Senior Assistant Solicitor for the City of Cincinnati where she provided real estate and title counsel to the City’s Transportation & Engineering, Economic and Community Development, Parks, Recreation, Water Works and Sewer departments and supported litigation matters, including collections, nuisance, eminent domain and quiet title actions.
- Counseled City of Cincinnati on title and closing matters in its acquisition of 4.1 miles of railroad right-of-way for development as a multi-purpose recreational path.
- Closed and issued title insurance for a $10 million refinancing of a shopping mall in southeastern Ohio.
- Closed and issued title insurance for a $12 million refinancing of a hotel north of Louisville, Kentucky.
- Closed and issued title insurance for the acquisition of multiple properties by a mid-Ohio city.
- Counseled national grocer through closing on acquisition of a vacant land site and a partially leased strip center.
- Resolved complex title and survey issues for Ft. Washington Way, Waldvogel Viaduct and other City of Cincinnati highway and road improvement projects.
- Provided title, due diligence and closing services for the sale and acquisition of property for economic development projects within the central business district of the City of Cincinnati and the $2 Billion Metropolitan Sewer District Consent Decree project.
- Issued opinion letters on behalf of municipal utilities certifying title and compliance with the Federal Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 (the “Uniform Act”) to secure low interest loans from the Ohio EPA Water Pollution Control Loan Fund for wastewater treatment projects.
- Spearheaded acquisition, reconfiguration and subdivision of 119 parcels for an urban, mixed-use development in Northside.
- Resolved title and survey issues plaguing scattered and fragmented industrial properties held in receivership, resulting in successful and timely sale and disposition.
- Managed two firm-owned title insurance agencies and one 20-person branch operation of national title insurance company.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Board of Trustees, 1997-2001 and 2004-2008; Communications Advisory Committee, 1995-2008; Chair, 1998-2001; Real Property Law Committee, 1997-present; Character and Fitness Review Committee, 2001-present
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL), Class VII
- Ohio Supreme Court, Mentor, Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program, 2010-present
- Licensed Title Insurance Agent for the States of Ohio and Indiana
- Member of the Ohio Land Title Association