Aviation & Aerospace
We Keep Your Business in Flight and on Schedule
Aviation is technically complex, highly regulated and rapidly evolving. Our team has the legal expertise and industry knowledge to help you navigate through the challenges you encounter. Frost Brown Todd’s aviation team serves a broad range of industry clients including U.S. military, commercial airlines, cargo airlines, aircraft and component manufacturers, airports, charter operators, fixed base operators and repair stations. We have a depth of experience in every aspect of the industry including:
- Commercial and government contracts
- Domestic and international transactions
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Insurance and risk management
- Intellectual property
- Regulatory actions
- Legislative/lobbying campaigns
- Joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and financing
- Import and export controls
- Data security advising and breach investigation
- Employment disputes and labor union negotiation
- Component Manufacturers:
- Successfully defended manufacturer of complex components against $70 million claim alleging manufacturing defect.
- Successfully defended component manufacturer against claims of product defect; Obtained $96 million jury verdict against Plaintiff on crossclaims.
- Investigated and advised numerous manufacturers through product recalls, groundings, FAA airworthiness directives and service bulletins.
- Advised real estate developer through creation of public private partnership and development of substantial industrial aviation complex.
- Advised airports through creation and negotiation of financing agreements, land use agreements, operating agreements and acquisition of FAA funding.
- Advised developer and operator of “inside the fence” air cargo hub facility in excess of 1 million square feet in site acquisition and development, including ground lease with the airport, local zoning and state airport board approvals, and title clearance.
- Advised real estate developers in all phases of development, construction, leasing and sale of investment-grade e-commerce distribution and manufacturing facilities in excess of 1 million square feet located on airport property.
- Maintenance Repair Operators:
- Defended numerous repair stations to successful defense judgment.
- National counsel for risk retention group for Part 145 repair stations; Resolved over 60 claims on a cost-efficient basis.
- Commercial Airlines:
- Represented airlines in regulatory proceedings before the FAA.
- Represented an airline in a series of investigations, notices of civil penalties and FAA /U.S. Department of Transportation complaints.
- Represented an airline in numerous claims under Montreal Convention.