Frost Brown Todd attorneys have extensive experience in patent prosecution. This includes patentability evaluation of new inventions and the design and execution of patent strategies to protect those inventions in both the U.S. and internationally. FBT works with many of its clients to evaluate and develop freedom-to-practice positions on a broad variety of products including pharmaceutical and consumer products. Examples of recent projects in these areas include:
- Drafted and prosecuted business method patent applications for clients in the financial services arena related to on-line bill paying and to debit card transactions;
- Won an opposition decision in the European Patent Office upholding a client’s commercially important medical assay patent;
- Managed the patent aspects of an IPO for a start-up medical device company;
- Worked with numerous companies (including generic drug companies) to develop non-infringement and patent invalidity positions relating to their products;
- Developed in-house training programs on protecting patent and trade secret assets for several of our clients; and
- Developed organizational structures for several clients to improve the commercial assessment and protection of their inventions.