Agent / Agency Licensing & Compliance
Our Insurance Regulation team offers advice and representation on a regional and national basis to entities with agent or agency licensing and compliance issues. Our clients include not just traditional insurance entities, but retailers, manufacturers, credit card companies and other product and service providers interested in adding insurance sales capabilities to their core business services, or in connection with a business agreement to offer insurance programs underwritten by licensed entities. Licensing and regulatory compliance touches every aspect of an insurance transaction and involves entities that do not conduct insurance business as a core business offering. Our attorneys have a wealth of knowledge and experience to help guide you through these regulatory requirements.
We regularly advise and represent clients on a wide variety of agent or agency-related regulatory matters, including:
- Agency program structure, design and implementation
- 50-State licensing and regulatory compliance
- Call center program design and rollout
- Insurance agency mergers/acquisitions and regulatory compliance
- Preparation and review of agency agreements