Captives & Alternative Risk Mechanisms
Captives and other alternative risk mechanisms have become increasingly popular methods which companies are utilizing to take control of their business risk. Alternative risk mechanisms offer flexibility in the types of risks that can be covered, insurance cost reductions, tax benefits, and underwriting profitability. Our Insurance Regulation team has a vast amount of experience with structuring domestic and off-shore captives, risk retention and purchasing groups, and various forms of group and self-insurance entities. We have represented and advised a number of clients with respect to formation issues, regulatory compliance and corporate guidance, including associations, healthcare providers, manufacturers, and other types of businesses, allowing these organizations to seamlessly insure and manage multiple types of risk.
Our Captive and Alternative Risk Mechanism services include:
- Formation of domestic/off-shore captives and risk retention groups
- Risk profile assessments for analysis, development and implementation of tailored risk management programs
- Regulatory and corporate guidance for captives, risk retention groups and self-insured entities
- Administrative hearings and litigation
- Risk analysis and representation of businesses affected by insurer downgrade or rehabilitation/liquidation proceedings