Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS)
Frost Brown Todd lawyers represent CMBS loan originators, master servicers, and special servicers in connection with CMBS loan originations, loan workouts, servicing actions, foreclosures and deeds in lieu of foreclosure transactions.
Frost Brown Todd attorneys have closed over 3,500 CMBS loans in all 50 states totaling approximately $50 billion in volume. This includes closing over 800 loans totaling nearly $13 billion in volume since the beginning of 2010. Nearly every law firm claims to provide excellent service and top-notch product, but Frost Brown Todd can back it up. Our team has nursed, pushed, and supported deals across the nation. We have closed large loans, small loans and everything in between. Our lawyers understand CMBS lending, we have a well-established and proven process for staffing and workflow and are experienced with CMBS securitization expectations.
Frost Brown Todd attorneys have routinely represented master servicers in connection with a variety of servicing-related matters, including loan modifications, transfers and assumptions, lease reviews, tenant in common syndications, cash management disputes and partial releases.
We represent a variety of special servicers in loan workouts and in the enforcement of the loan documents through the foreclosure process, or by taking title through a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Following the acquisition of the property, we regularly assist in property tax appeals, general litigation, contract disputes and the disposition of the property.
Mezzanine Loans & Preferred Equity
Frost Brown Todd attorneys routinely assist clients in connection with mezzanine loan and preferred equity transactions for commercial real estate projects.
Several of our real estate lawyers are recognized by Best Lawyers® in America, Chambers USA® Client's Guide, Super Lawyers ®, and Martindale-Hubbell.
Our attorneys are active members of the leading national real estate industry groups, including American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Counselors of Real Estate, ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Division, BOMA, CCIM, and International Council of Shopping Centers, as well as numerous state and local organizations.
In the News
- Broadway Row: Preservation Louisville merges with Vital Sites to redevelop older buildings
- Louisville's largest law firm names four members
- These Louisville execs nailed it with their March Madness picks
- What lies ahead in the business of law?
- Louisville's largest law firm names 12 new members
- Are investors skittish about the Louisville office market?
- Gov. Beshear makes appointments to boards and commissions
- Frost Brown Todd names leader for Louisville office
- Frost Brown Todd’s Dallas Office Welcomes Three New Partners and Two Associates
- Frost Brown Todd Adds Attorney to CMBS Practice in Louisville, KY
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 11 New Members
- Frost Brown Todd CMBS Team Growth Mirrors Market
- Frost Brown Todd’s John Gragg Named 2015 BTI Client Service All-Star
- Geoff White New Member-in-Charge at Frost Brown Todd Louisville
- Frost Brown Todd Expands Capital Markets Team