Contract Negotiation, Preparation, and Review
A successful project starts with a good contract, one that reflects the needs of the particular project and fairly and reasonably allocates risks and rewards among the parties. We regularly assist contractors with their contracts, whether drafting and negotiating unique “manuscript” contracts for complicated projects, or a quick consultation on insurance, indemnity, no-damages- for-delay, pay-if-paid, or other key risk-shifting provisions. Our contract services include:
- Modifications to AIA, AGC, ConsensusDOCS, DBIA, and other standard industry form contacts
- Licensed subscriber of AIA electronic documents
- Negotiation and preparation of manuscript contacts for complicated or unique projects
- Preparation of “master” contracts and subcontracts for use in multiple projects
- Preparation of purchase order forms
- Advice on project delivery methods and contract types, including lump sum, cost-plus fee, guaranteed maximum price, design-bid-build, design-build, CM at-risk, CM agency, and multi-prime procurement.