At Frost Brown Todd, our corporate lawyers are devoted to providing clients with the most current information relative to specific needs and industry trends while giving them the best solutions and strategic thinking for growth and success.
You'll find our consideration of your goals and service expectations exceeds that of any law firm you've worked with in the past.
We are the trusted legal counsel for some of America's best-known companies. Frost Brown Todd handles large-scale corporate deals, and matters of every type are carefully staffed by a team of industry-specific lawyers who look for best-case scenarios on an individual basis.
Growing toward Greatness
We always find time for start-up and venture fund-backed companies as well as entrepreneur and family-owned businesses. We find this service an important element of our client base. Our group of talented new business lawyers can help from the initial set-up and continue counseling as the business grows.
Your Corporate Responsibility
Your responsibility as a business professional has never held quite the risk it does today. Our staff of knowledgeable lawyers remains up-to-date on the newest guidelines and regulations to ensure that clients are well informed of their obligations in order to keep the company and its team members well guarded.
We combined the efforts of over 70 lawyers with focused business and regulatory knowledge to create a powerful team with virtually unlimited knowledge and resources to answer your questions, provide insight and guide you along the right path.
Diverse Practices to Handle Diverse Issues
Our business law section covers the full spectrum of transactions important to U.S. business utilizing the different disciplines that must be brought to bear in complex transactions. Our lawyers leverage technical, industry, and legal knowledge and experience to serve a diverse client base ranging from global multinationals to small entrepreneurial companies.
The M&A team at Frost Brown Todd serves buyers, sellers, financial advisers and other parties involved in the merger and acquisition process. Whether clients are facing a small, privately negotiated sale or a large-scale hostile takeover, we have experience to guide them through the process.
We feature a legal team sensitive to the special needs of new and developing businesses. We will work with entrepreneurs from their start-up through various stages of finance, development and growth as their growth strategies encounter these new challenges.
The obligations and repercussions facing public companies and their officers have never been quite so intense. Frost Brown Todd counsels public companies and their boards on ongoing securities disclosure obligations and special requirements of their transactions. We also help entrepreneurs comply with federal and state securities laws.
We help banks and other financial institutions navigate the increasingly competitive and complex financial services environment following recent federal financial modernization legislation. Our range of services includes mergers and acquisitions, complex regulatory issues and strategic planning.
This group of business-savvy, fast-moving lawyers represents venture capitalists and portfolio companies in transactional and financing issues.
Serving the diverse needs of a burgeoning health care industry, Frost Brown Todd provides counsel and business solutions for hospitals, health systems, physician groups, long-term care providers, durable medical equipment companies, pharmacy companies, ancillary providers and managed care organizations.
Employee Benefits/Executive Compensation
This group deals with designing, implementing and monitoring benefit programs and employee communications. They counsel and educate businesses on Internal Revenue Service and U.S. Department of Labor rules regarding employee benefits and executive compensation.
Frost Brown Todd counsels corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies in organizing and structuring their operations to maximize federal and state income tax benefits. We provide strategies for structuring tax-free mergers, tax-advantaged asset and equity transactions, taxable acquisitions and divestitures and organizing operations to obtain the best after-tax results. We help our clients respond to federal and state audits and investigations while litigating civil and criminal disputes with the IRS, state and local tax authorities.
In a business climate where job mobility and conditions are ever changing, we advise and assist our clients with a myriad of issues surrounding immigration, employment, foreign investment and labor practices affecting their employees worldwide.
With a broad range of legal talent across the region, we represent insurance companies, brokers and agencies in industry and regulatory compliance issues.
From antitrust to product distribution transactional law, this seasoned group of business lawyers focuses on solving the legal challenges facing franchisors, franchisees and their related associations, manufacturers and purchasing organizations in today's business environment.
International Services Group
Serving both foreign businesses expanding into the U.S. and domestic businesses abroad, our international practice features connections in every major city around the world. These well-traveled lawyers provide leadership and extensive experience from international business acquisitions to joint ventures to agency and distributorship arrangements.
Mutual Funds/Hedge Funds
We counsel clients on a variety of investment and financial products issues from mutual funds, investment companies and advisers to hedge funds and broker-dealer regulation.
Our equine practitioners have extensive personal experience in the field and understand the broad issues confronting the participants in the thoroughbred racing industry. From major litigation to the day-to-day activities, we meet client needs from state racing commission hearings, partnerships and limited liability companies to equine tax planning.
In the News
- Automatic voter registration in Massachusetts? Former Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson lobbies state Republicans to say yes
- Long John Silver's, Papa John's, KFC tech execs give tips on embracing the future
- Gilda’s Club Middle Tennessee to open Williamson County center
- Behind Jonathan Blue’s $26 million Liquor Barn deal
- Leadership Louisville debuts larger downtown HQ
- Tweeted threat, lack of civility serious issues
- News briefs: FBT’s McDevitt named ‘Pathfinder’
- Leading Equine Attorney, Regulator Bonnie Dies at 88
- Emergence of Fractional/Outsourced Trusted Business Advisory Services
- Is home delivery for medical marijuana coming to Kentucky?
- Louisville data company EdjAnalytics snags $2.2 million in funding, could triple employment
- House passes bill allowing for e-signing of probate documents
- Cincinnati Museum Center names federal judge to lead board
- Rand Paul’s campaign manager talks to the establishment Republican he ambushed in 2010
- Tax reform gallops across the finish line
- Louisville's nonstop flight coalition advances on fundraising goal, set to start airline talks
- Decisions expected this week on Yum! Center bond rating
- SNEAK PEEK: See the progress on this new downtown Louisville HQ
- Former Secretary of State believes there's still time for special session on pension reform in 2017
- What you should be doing now: panel discussion
- How the legal industry is adopting Ethereum-based smart contracts
- Trey Grayson joins one of Greater Cincinnati's largest law firms
- United Way names latest leadership class members
- 56 named to latest Leadership Cincinnati class by Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
- Here's who's on the 2018 Leadership Louisville board of directors
- People to know in law: Drew Eckman
- Demand for lawyers with energy expertise on the uptick in Pittsburgh
- Greater Louisville Inc. board names new chair-elect and members
- How a coalition plans to use incentives to attract more nonstop flights to Louisville
- YPAL isn't just for 'the suits' anymore
- The B Corp comes to Kentucky: here's what you need to know
- Tri-State leaders set their sights on super-sizing foreign investment
- Riverfront Skyhouse deal is unprecedented, city officials say
- Frost Brown Todd named 2017 Gold Standard law firm
- Announcing the 2017 Best of the Bar lifetime achievement honoree
- Two women in line for federal bench in Kentucky, which now only has one female judge out of 13
- Leadership in Law 2017: Jeffrey S. Dible
- Surcharging ahead
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville names new board members
- Blackstone Energy Partners to acquire EagleClaw Midstream Ventures
- 20-year-old statute being increasingly used for public-private partnership agreements
- Digital Asset enters healthcare as blockchain questions grow
- Meet the legal world's super-experts
- Foreign Direct Investment Symposium coming to Cincinnati — key leaders to speak
- New HIPAA Guidance from DHHS
- What does Trump's CMS pick foretell?
- Energy ebbs; Pittsburgh law firms readjust
- Business of the Bridges: Officials applaud end of Ohio River Bridges Project with economy in mind
- 40 under 40: Josh Rosenblatt, Frost Brown Todd
- Cincinnati companies could learn to like President Trump, unless he starts a trade war
- Bevin's transition director joins Louisville law firm
- Law firm takes space in Union Trust Building
- Leadership Louisville Center finds a new downtown home
- How to Start Your Business: Learn from YPAL panel of speakers
- NKU presents 9th annual Cybersecurity Symposium on Oct. 21, features national and local experts
- Driverless cars ahead
- World Trade Center Kentucky expands international trade certification program
- When information breaches lead to lawsuits
- Leadership Louisville seeks new downtown HQ
- Gowling WLG advises listed US group Convergys in its acquisition of customer management company buw
- Cincinnati companies bracing for Brexit impact
- Business leaders and mentors headline GLI breakfast event
- CEOs, politicians, high-profile Derby-goers share favorite race memories
- Court ruling important in hobby law tax cases
- YPAL names new board of directors, officers
- New IRS audit rules target partnerships, creating new risks for partners
- Estoppel by deed applies to gas lease, court rules
- How big law firm merger could shake up Pittsburgh
- Louisville's largest law firm names 12 new members
- Frost Brown Todd grows in Nashville
- Service companies forced to regroup as energy slump lingers
- Gem founder ranks NVille healthcare sector as a key blockchain market
- What Does The First CFPB Order On Data Security Compliance Signal?
- Trumbull County African American Achievers Hall of Fame banquet is Saturday
- Corporate spotlight: Frost Brown Todd
- Bingham Fellows names 2016 class
- Frost Brown Todd law firm appoints two new Louisville partners
- Who are this year's winners of the GLI Silver Fleur-de-Lis awards?
- What to do with your winning Powerball ticket
- Exclusive: New law firm takes space downtown
- Whistleblowing in the US: a case of schizophrenia?
- Jeffrey S. Dible receives Presidential Citation at Indiana State Bar Association Annual Meeting
- Is Nashville Emerging As The Auto Industry’s Southern Hub?
- Longtime Louisville Legal Aid chief retiring
- Louisville CPA looks to raise $10 million to build a hotel in the Highlands
- Cincinnati is becoming a magnet for Finnish companies
- Inside money laundering: risks, concerns and industry fault lines
- FinTech: Iroquois Capital's payments startup doesn't rule-out capraise
- For Sens. Paul And McConnell, A Humana Sale Means More Obamacare Angst
- U of L honors Jewish Fund, lawyer Glasscock
- Law firm opens new Dallas office in Uptown
- What a Humana sale would mean to Louisville
- See Cincinnati’s newest place to play: Smale Park’s playground
- ABI Elects New Officers
- New IRS programs create added risks for unsuspecting taxpayers
- Frost Brown Todd Adds Schmidt to Finance, Real Estate Practice
- YPAL names new officers, board of directors
- Cincinnati hospital CEOs will lead revamped health organization
- KFC connection helped land new Long John Silver’s CEO
- Cranley reconvenes Lunken oversight board
- Corporate Cincinnati needs lawyers
- Louisville business leaders reflect on life of Metro Council president Jim King
- Report: Health care distress jumps to highest level since 2009
- 'All sorts of Implications'
- Leadership Louisville ‘Best of Leadership’ event returns for a second year
- TECO Energy Announces Agreement to Sell Its TECO Coal Subsidiary
- Will Apple Pay change the way you use your credit cards?
- The CFO in a Turnaround: Strategies for Trouble on the Horizon
- German clothing store to open at Moerlein brewery
- Risk Management - Deal Killer or Opportunity Enhancer?
- Fitch: CCRC Bankruptcies No Cause for Alarm
- Two local firms land exclusive certification for female leadership
- Two Louisvillians will receive Woodrow Wilson Awards
- Obamacare-Inspired Healthcare Mergers Raise Antitrust Concerns
- Take these steps to manage customers’ financial issues
- Foreign trips sell Cincinnati to overseas businesses
- Hamid Sheikh Joins Frost Brown Todd in Lexington
- Attorneys from Frost Brown Todd’s Pittsburgh Office Recognized in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Pennsylvania Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Chambers USA®
- Frost Brown Todd Member Claria Horn Boom Appointed District Judge for Eastern and Western Kentucky
- Steven McDevitt Selected as Frost Brown Todd’s First LCLD “Pathfinder”
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Editions of Indiana Super Lawyers® and Indiana Rising Stars®
- 34 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 20 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2018
- 43 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 14 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2018
- Frost Brown Todd Nashville Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Mid-South Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Named to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms List for 2018
- Limited Federal Regulations Make Crowdfunding Attractive to Both Startups and Investors
- Former Northern Kentucky Chamber CEO Trey Grayson Joins Frost Brown Todd and CivicPoint
- Ronald Gold Selected to Leadership Cincinnati Class 41
- 161 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Chambers USA®
- Frost Brown Todd Pittsburgh Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and Pennsylvania Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd’s Stephanie Gause and Mary Irozuru Recognized in 2017 Edition of Texas Rising Stars
- Frost Brown Todd Hires Christopher Montgomery for Finance and Real Estate Practice
- Longtime Indianapolis Attorney Mike Eckerle Joins Frost Brown Todd
- Victoria Lewinski Cain Joins Frost Brown Todd
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Mid-South Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Named to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms List
- Kristen Webb Hill Joins Frost Brown Todd
- Brian Higgins Joins Frost Brown Todd’s Health Law Practice in Cincinnati
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA®
- R. James Straus Receives 2016 Brown-Forman Spirit of Justice Award
- Stephanie Gause Honored by the Texas Bar Foundation
- Frost Brown Todd Grows in Nashville
- Frost Brown Todd’s Stephanie Gause Recognized in 2016 Edition of Texas Rising Stars
- Frost Brown Todd Welcomes New Member Melissa Doell
- Frost Brown Todd Gains Ground in Dallas
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- Nathan Harris Joins Frost Brown Todd Nashville
- 65 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2015 Chambers USA®
- Cincinnati Attorney Douglas Lutz appointed to American Bankruptcy Institute Executive Committee
- Frost Brown Todd Attorney Drew Eckman named to YPAL Executive Committee
- Rob Mecklenborg Joins Frost Brown Todd’s Finance and Real Estate Team
- Glimcher Realty Veteran George Schmidt Joins Frost Brown Todd’s Finance and Real Estate Practice
- Ohio State Bar Foundation Honors Chad N. Eckhardt for Community Service
- Frost Brown Todd attorney Lark Mallory joins Columbus Foundation’s Professional Council
- Jason C. Williams joins program advancing the next generation of leaders in law
- 26 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Indiana Super Lawyers® and Four Recognized in Indiana Rising Stars® for 2015
- Frost Brown Todd member Kelly L. Frey co-authors new authoritative book on corporate malfeasance
- Frost Brown Todd appoints six new members firmwide
- Frost Brown Todd names Holly Brown Powell new member in Lexington
- 37 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® for 2015
- 50 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 20 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2015
- 8 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers®; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- Three New Associates Join Frost Brown Todd Louisville
- New Indices Tracking Distress in U.S. Economy Published Today
- Nationwide Release of 'The Identical'
- Kelly Frey Joins Frost Brown Todd’s Expanding Nashville Team
- Experienced Cincinnati Attorney Joins Frost Brown Todd
- E. Todd Wilkowski Joins Frost Brown Todd
- Josh Rosenblatt Latest Addition to Frost Brown Todd, Nashville
- Frost Brown Todd Nationally Recognized by 2014 U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Law Firms”
- Frost Brown Todd Receives 2011 Pillar Award for Community Service
- Eight New Members Named to Frost Brown Todd
- 41 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 14 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2011
- Douglas A. Bozell Elected a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- 15 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized as 2011 “Lawyers of the Year”
- Frost Brown Todd's Indianapolis Litigation Practice Recognized as "Highly Recommended Local Litigation Firm"
- Frost Brown Todd Welcomes Pei Zhang
- 54 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2010 Chambers USA
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys named Next Generation Leader Awards Finalists by Northern Kentucky Chamber
- Roetzel & Andress Attorney Joins Frost Brown Todd’s Columbus Office
- Attorney Charles M. Johnson joins Frost Brown Todd’s Charleston Office
- The 21% Corporate Tax Rate Breathes New Life Into IRC § 1202
- Replacing HVCRE with HVADC
- Germany now requires disclosure of beneficial ownership of German companies
- The Green Rush is on: Don’t be left out!
- Rollover Equity Transactions
- DOL Edges Toward Delay on Expanded Fiduciary/Conflict of Interest Rules
- Could President-Elect Trump Kill NAFTA?
- NCOIL Addresses Proposed Amendment to Limited Lines Travel Model Act; NAIC Travel Insurance (C) Working Group Update
- Update on Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana Bond Cap Allocations
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership: An Overview for Japanese and U.S. Companies involved in Cross-Border Trade
- Attention 401(k) Plan Sponsors: It is more important than ever to regularly review and evaluate your plan's investment funds
- 2015 Amendments and Additions to Kentucky's Business Entity Laws
- Will your business be financially responsible for cyber attack losses?
- We Need To Modify The USEF Equine Drugs and Medications Rules
- Beware Horse Owners, Breeders and Trainers! IRS Issues Advice on Reporting Requirements for Payments to Veterinarians Made by Taxpayers in the Course of Their Trade or Business
- American Taxpayer Relief Act Averts the Fiscal Cliff, Extends Significant Benefits to Horse Businesses
- China Risk Factor Hiding in Plain View: A Brief Analysis of Variable Interest Entities (VIEs) Under Chinese Law
- Should I Stay or Should I Go: U.S. Tax Implications of Expatriation and Citizenship Renouncement
- Surviving a Tennessee State Tax Audit
- Eleven Steps Toward Worry-Free Nonprofit Corporate Board Service
- Enforcement Delayed Until November 1 for Red Flag Rules Identity Theft Prevention Program
- Preliminary Proxy Statements, “Say on Pay” Vote Required in 2009 Proxy Season for TARP Recipients
- Stimulus Act - Great News for Bonds
- Charity on the Edge: How to Handle Looming Insolvency
- Lending to Your S-Corp: Changes in the Treatment of Open Account Debt
- EU Provides Additional Guidance for Binding Corporate Rules to Permit Cross-Border Data Transfer
- New Federal Evidence Rule 502 Limits Waiver Of Attorney-Client Privilege & Work Product Protection
- Pass-Through Entity Investors May Face Ohio Tax Bills
- Lawsuit against Businesses Disallowed for Improper Collection of Ohio Sales Tax
- CAN-SPAM Act Clarified
- ALP: If I set up an LLC...can someone still get my personal assets?
- The United States Supreme Court Enters Ruling in Favor of State Tax Officials Regarding Transfer Taxes in Bankruptcy Case of Piccadilly Cafeterias, Inc.
- Quick Action Needed by Nonprofits to Answer IRS Good Governance Questions
- ALP: We want to maintain an upscale image for one of our products in relation to our competitors. Can we require distributors and retailers to agree not to resell our product below a specified price?
- ALP: I own a company which supplies goods to other companies. One of the companies we regularly supply goods to filed for bankruptcy about a year ago
- ALP: I am Considering Selling My Business, What are Some Key Issues I Should Consider?
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 Update
- Temporary Guest Worker Program
- President of Temporary Labor Company Sentenced for Conspiracy to Provide Illegal Workers
- Business Law Advisory
- Business Law Advisory
- Changes for Charities and Donors in the Pension Protection Act
- Securities and Exchange Commission Updates
- Ohio Attorney General Scales Down Proposed Charitable Transparency Rules
- Business Law Advisory
- Succession Planning for Women Business Owners
- ALP: What would happen if your Chief Executive Officer was suddenly unable to perform his or her duties?
- ALP: Are Letters of Intent binding?
- ALP: Is your business ready for franchising?
- ALP: What are some things I should know before starting a business in Indiana?
- Business Law Advisory
- Corporate and Business Law Client Advisory
- ALP: When Should Employers Begin the Preparations of H-1B Cases for the next CIS Fiscal Year?
- ALP: How can a private foundation support a charity that lobbies?
- ALP: I just received a call from a reporter. Will “no comment” be the most effective way for my business to respond?
- Records Retention: Defining an Effective Records Retention Program
- Numerous Recent Law and Accounting Changes Affect Stock Options
- ALP: If I purchase all of the assets of a company, will I be responsible for satisfying that company’s existing contracts?
- ALP: When will the sale of an interest in real estate, or any enterprise for that matter, result in the issuance of a “security” under the law?
- ALP: "Is Kentucky's statutory form Living Will Directive adequate to address end-of-life decisions made for me by my Health Care Surrogate?"
- Great Lakes Federal Tax Institute
- ALP: Are there financial standards that must be met before an Ohio corporation’s directors may declare a cash dividend to shareholders?
- ALP: What is a Visa?
- ALP: When a company is considering a significant investment in software, what are some tips for a successful acquisition?
- Trade Remedies
- ALP: What is the status of non-competition agreements in health care?
- Immigration Dispatch
- Immigration Dispatch
- ALP: I don’t need written agreements with my foreign agents and distributors, do I?
- Immigration Dispatch
- Service Increases Use of Impeding IRS Provision To Prosecute Tax Professionals
- ALP: You have been helping family members with their investments and now friends and co-workers are asking for your advice. You think this is an interesting opportunity, but your cousin says you must register with the SEC. Is your cousin correct?
- An Overview Of Traditional Obstruction Of Justice Statutes
- ALP: You serve on the Board of Directors of a private company and as a trustee for a community non-profit. Is it necessary for those organizations to have directors and officers liability insurance in place to protect you?
- A Bank's Bond Claim: Proving "Manifest Intent" Can Be a Matter of Fact
- SEC Turns Up the Heat on MD&A
- The IRS Is Targeting Individuals Who Use Credit Cards And Offshore Banks
- Executive Summary Of The USA VS. Arthur Andersen LLP Case
- Field Guidance on New Authorities (Redacted)
- The "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (USA Patriot)" Act of 2001
- New IRS Program Specifically Targets Attorneys