Brian F. Higgins
Brian is an associate in Frost Brown Todd's regulated business group. His focus on the health care industry provides him an opportunity to advise business and health care entities in corporate matters, formation and structuring, contract negotiation, and regulatory compliance. Prior to joining the firm, Brian completed a corporate law fellowship working as corporate counsel to Medpace, Inc., a clinical research organization focused on the development of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Brian developed an interest in the health care industry after serving as a Legal Intern to The Christ Hospital’s legal department.
Brian graduated from the University of Cincinnati’s College of Law where he was a member of the Moot Court Honor Board and an Associate Editor on the Immigration and Nationality Law Review. He finished his first year of law school at Northern Kentucky University’s Chase College of Law and finished in the top 10% of his class.
Brian has formed fully-operational international subsidiary companies in countries all over the world. He has assisted biotechnology start-up companies draft their operating agreements while maintaining all of their corporate governance documents and contracts. Brian has regularly negotiated consulting agreements for doctors and medical writers, and confidentiality agreements to protect pharmaceutical assets. Brian has developed knowledge on Ohio’s medical marijuana law and provides updates on the regulations potentially impacting physicians and patients. In addition, he produces advisories related to Ohio’s industry regulations for medical marijuana cultivators, processors, and dispensaries.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Ohio State Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- Ohio Hospitals: Are You Ready for Medical Marijuana?
- Green Grass in the Bluegrass: Kentucky’s Medical Marijuana Law
- Dramatic Shift in Federal Enforcement Priorities Related to Legalized Marijuana Use
- Last-Minute Tips for Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Processor Applicants
- CMS’ Cuts to the 340B Drug Payment Program Cause Hospital Uproar
- Doctors and Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Law: A Physician’s Guide to Cannabis Compliance
- West Virginia Physician Alert: Remember, You Are Recommending Medical Marijuana, Not Prescribing It.
- Ohio Physician Alert: Remember, You Are Recommending Medical Marijuana, Not Prescribing It.
- Medical Marijuana Takes Root in West Virginia
- Tips for Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Business Applicants
- The Green Rush is on: Don’t be left out!
- Ohio Cultivates Marijuana Dispensary Rules as White House Sends Smoke Signals of Approval
- Huge Payday for Insurance Company under the Affordable Care Act’s Exchanges
- Ohio Releases Proposed Rules for Medical Marijuana Processors
- High Street Releases Proposed Rules for Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Cultivators
- Highlights of Medical Marijuana Proposed Rules for Ohio Dispensaries and Physicians
- What will Happen to the Affordable Care Act Under a Trump Administration? (Part 1)
- Ohio's Medical Marijuana Law
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Published book review (2013) in the Immigration and Nationality Law Review’s national publication about Ediberto Roman’s book titled “Those Damned Immigrants: America’s Hysteria over Undocumented Immigrants.”