Chanhee is an associate attorney in the Lexington office of Frost Brown Todd LLC, where he focuses his corporate practice in the areas of international trade compliance and digital currency and blockchain technology.
As a member of the firm's International Trade Compliance service team and International Services Group, Chanhee has significant experience in helping clients with interpreting thorny provisions of U.S. Customs regulations, U.S. sanctions regulations, the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), implementing compliance programs, and conducting internal investigations. Chanhee also assists U.S. and international clients in developing and driving corrective actions, drafting voluntary disclosures, and defending against enforcement actions by U.S. Departments.
On the blockchain technology and cryptocurrency side, Chanhee regularly advises clients on the regulatory and business issues arising when the use of blockchain technology or digital currency is adopted by a company. Specifically, he has unique experience in assisting U.S. and international blockchain developers and investors with launching digital tokens through Initial Coin Offerings ("ICOs").
Before joining Frost Brown Todd, Chanhee earned his Juris Doctor from Emory University School of Law with a Certificate in Transactional Law and Skills. While in law school, he worked on law and policy reform to address serious issues of public concern as a legal extern for a nonprofit and nonpartisan public interest law center. Before law school, Chanhee graduated from University of Michigan with a double major in Political Science and Communication Studies.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- Section 301 Tariffs on Chinese Products and Retaliatory Tariffs by China on U.S. Goods
- Section 232 Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum Imports
- Exemptions and Exclusions to the New Steel Tariff
- President Trump Formally Orders Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum Imports
- Sixth Round of NAFTA Talks Wraps Up with Some Progress
- Trump Administration Releases NAFTA Renegotiating Objectives
- Trump Administration Formally Triggers NAFTA Renegotiation
- Could President-Elect Trump Kill NAFTA?
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- YMCA of Central Kentucky, Whitaker Family YMCA, Advisory Board Member
- Lexington Habitat for Humanity, Ambassador
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Mentor
- University of Michigan Alumni Association, Club of the Bluegrass, President
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Presenter: University of Kentucky Gatton College of Business and Economics and World Trade Center Kentucky, Global Strategy and Commerce Certificate Program, International Legal Considerations for the Global Marketplace, January 2019
Presenter: World Trade Center Kentucky, International Trade Certification Program, Import Compliance Overview, June 2017
Presenter: World Trade Center Kentucky, International Trade Certification Program, Import Compliance Overview, February 2017
Presenter: World Trade Center Kentucky, International Trade Certification Program, Import Compliance Overview, November 2016