Christopher T. Tassone
Chris is an associate in Frost Brown Todd’s Cincinnati office. His practice focuses on tax and corporate law. In his tax practice, Chris frequently counsels businesses, nonprofits, and governmental entities on a wide range of tax issues, from planning to controversy. This includes advising local governments on the implementation of tax laws and regulations. He also regularly represents taxpayers before state taxing authorities and the IRS.
In his corporate practice, Chris advises businesses on governance, acquisitions, divestitures, and family business planning.
Prior to FBT, Chris worked in the National Tax Department of a Big Four accounting firm where he focused in the areas of tax credits, economic incentives, and excise taxes.
Highlights & Recognitions
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Adjunct Professor, State and Local Taxation
- CALI Award, Small Business and Entrepreneurial Finance
- CALI Award, International Mergers and Acquisitions
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Center for Respite Care, Board Member
- Sand Angel Foundation, Secretary
- United Way of Central Ohio Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program, Site Coordinator, 2014-2017
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Ohio State and Local Tax Update, Presenter, Southwest Ohio Tax Institute, 2018
How Long Will Perpetual Leases Last in Ohio Oil and Gas Law? Ohio State Business Law Journal, 2015