J. Christopher Coffman
Christopher is a member in the Louisville office of Frost Brown Todd LLC. His practice concentrates on civil and criminal tax controversies. Christopher has represented clients in administrative proceedings before local and state taxing authorities and the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, he has represented clients before the United States Tax Court. He also has significant experience in representing clients in criminal matters at both the state and federal level.
Christopher has represented clients through federal investigations and at trial on criminal issues such as tax fraud and evasion, bank fraud, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, mortgage fraud, securities fraud, RICO conspiracies, mislabeling of food products, violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, voting fraud, money laundering, and state consumer protection act violations. Christopher earned his B.A. from Lipscomb University, cum laude (1998), and his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School (2001).
Memberships & Affiliations
- Kentucky Bar Association Tax Section, Member; Former Chair
- American Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- Join industry professionals for an in-depth look at development in the Northern Kentucky portion of the CVG market.
- 2018 Tax Legislation Updates (Jeffersonville, IN)
- 2018 Tax Legislation Updates (Indianapolis, IN)
- 2018 Tax Legislation Updates (Louisville, KY)
- Tax Law for Non-Tax Lawyers
- 20th Annual Ohio Tax Conference
- 25th Annual National Conference on Equine Law