Craig J. Cox
Craig is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Law and Litigation Practice Group. His practice encompasses all areas of intellectual property law with a focus on patent prosecution and intellectual property transactions. Craig has over 20 years of experience handling all aspects of identifying, acquiring, and protecting all types of intellectual property for companies of every size.
Craig manages U.S. and international intellectual property portfolios, including patent drafting and prosecution, trademarks, copyrights, client counseling, and opinion work. He has extensive experience with licensing, technology transfer and intellectual property issues in M&A matters, and has represented public and private companies in licensing agreements and monetization programs, joint development agreements, asset purchase agreements, outsourcing agreements, distribution agreements, transition services agreements, service provider agreements and other intellectual property-related agreements. Craig represents clients in a broad range of industries, including the software, telecommunications, medical device, oil and gas, financial services, and gaming industries.
Craig's relevant experience includes:
- Handling patent prosecution and portfolio management for numerous companies, including a large Fortune 500 technology company.
- Providing numerous patent opinions, including freedom to operate, invalidity and non-infringement opinions to various computer and software clients.
- Representing a variety of technology companies in patent infringement suites by non-practicing entities.
- Handling all IP aspects of a $220 million acquisition of an internet search company.
- Handling all aspects of a $100 million purchase and maintenance agreement for a publicly held gaming company.
- Developing patent identification and portfolio management strategies for numerous small and midsized companies, including startup companies in the financial services and energy management industries.
- Handling due diligence on all types of IP matters for various companies, including patents, trademarks, and domain names.
- Providing patent prosecution and opinion work for privately held machine-to-machine communications and software company.
- Handling all IP matters for an oil and gas tool manufacturer.
- Developing patent portfolio management practices for a manufacturer of advanced flow control systems and industrial compressors.
- Handling patent prosecution, portfolio management and opinion work for medical device companies.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar, Intellectual Property Section
- Texas Bar, Intellectual Property Section
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Aerospace and Defense Forum - DFW Chapter, Steering Committee Chair
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Author and Presenter: "First in Line: Procedures for Advancing Patent Applications for Speedy Allowance," Texas Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Workshop 2015