Douglas D. Thomson
Doug is a member of Frost Brown Todd LLC. He counsels the firm’s clients on general corporate and commercial matters, contract drafting and negotiation, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, restructuring and corporate governance.
Doug advises non-profit organizations in all legal aspects of their operations, including regulatory compliance with both the IRS and the Attorney General. He is a frequent speaker on topics of interest to non-profit organizations.
Doug's experience includes the conversion and sale of non-profit health maintenance and student loan companies, IRS audits, Attorney General investigations, and development of governance policies and procedures. He is vice-chair of the committee that suggests revisions to Ohio's Non-profit Corporate Law.
Review and negotiation of numerous alternative investments by charities.
Negotiation of acquisitions and divestures with transaction values up to $200 million.
The conversion and sale of a $250 million non-profit health maintenance organization.
The sale of a $150 million non-profit secondary student loan market.
Highlights & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America® Not-for-Profit & Charities, 2008-2019, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2014 - 2019
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Taxation Section; Past Chair
- Ohio State Bar Association, Corporations Law Section, Member; Nonprofit Subcommittee, Vice Chair
- 163 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- 161 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
- 150 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2012 Edition
- 145 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2011 Edition
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Interact for Health
- KnowledgeWorks Foundation
- Cincinnati Opera
- BMF Pediatric Clinics