Hamid H. Sheikh, Jr.
Hamid is a senior associate in Frost Brown Todd's Real Estate Practice Group with a focus on commercial real estate and lending transactions in the multifamily, retail and health care industries. Hamid is also an active member in the firm's Multifamily Housing Industry Team.
In addition to his transactional practice, Hamid regularly represents clients in real estate and lending litigation and pre-litigation conflict resolution.
- Hamid serves as national real estate counsel to an investment firm that acquires and operates multifamily properties throughout the United States.
- At trial and on appeal, Hamid successfully represented Rite Aid Pharmacy in a lease dispute by establishing new Kentucky precedent on the types of privities that arise out of a lease agreement. Foursome Properties, LLC v. Rite Aid of Kentucky, Inc., No. 2016-CA-000414-MR, 2018 WL 1439830 (Ky. Ct. App. Mar. 23, 2018).
- Hamid regularly represents clients involved in complex retail developments, including the leasing and management of a Class A Power Center and the development of a large entertainment complex in downtown Lexington, Kentucky.
- Hamid has routinely closed real estate transactions across the United States for two Fortune 500 Companies and a fast-growing health care provider.
- Hamid regularly represents national lenders, community banks, borrowers, investors and guarantors in closing loans on real estate located in Kentucky and also throughout the United States.
- Hamid frequently represents clients in all types of real estate and lending disputes (inside and outside of court), including, actions to quiet title, foreclosures, lease disputes, writ of possession suits, breach of contract cases, post-judgment collections, defense of lender liability claims, defense of borrowers and pre-litigation loan workouts.
- Hamid also regularly represents clients in general business and corporate matters, including entity formation, the drafting of operating agreements and other organizational documents, negotiating procurement agreements and other contracts, and the sale and acquisition of membership interests and other equity stakes.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Kentucky Rising Stars® by Super Lawyers, 2018
- Order of the Coif
- Ashland Inc. Legal Scholar
- W.L. Matthews, Jr. Fellow
- CALI Awards for Academic Excellence
- Award for Outstanding Achievement in Accounting
- Departmental Honors in Accounting and Finance
Memberships & Affiliations
- Commercial Property Association of Lexington (2014-present)
- Kentucky Law Journal (2011-2013)
- Kentucky Bar Association (2013-present)
- Fayette County Bar Association (2013-present)
- American Inn of Court (2013-2016)
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Pro Bono Representation of various non-profits and low income individuals in the Lexington community (2013-present)
- Bluegrass Community Foundation, BGCF 365, Steering Committee (2018)
- Rotaract of Lexington (2014-present)
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (2010-2012)
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Title Law: From Start to Finish, National Business Institute, 2015, Presenter and Co-Author
Legal Aspects of Horse Farm Operations (4th ed. 2014) University of Kentucky College of Law, Office of Continuing Legal Education, Co-Author