Jared M. Tully
Jared is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation, Appellate, and Tort & Insurance practice groups. Jared concentrates his practice in the area of financial institution litigation. He routinely represents national banks in various types of litigation including consumer and commercial disputes. Jared works closely with his clients in order to obtain effective and efficient resolution of litigated matters—either through litigation or seizing early resolution possibilities. Jared is a problem solver who is routinely asked to litigate complex and sensitive cases.
Jared attended Hampden-Sydney College, graduating magna cum laude in 2000 with a degree in Mathematical Economics. He graduated from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2003. While in law school, Jared was a member of the Clinical Law Program. He continues to handle, on a regular basis, matters for Legal Aid of West Virginia.
Jared lives in Putnam County, West Virginia with his wife, Jennifer, and his children: Jackson, Caroline and Davis.
- Extensive experience defending financial institutions in litigation involving claims of predatory lending and violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act and the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Experience defending financial institutions in class action suits.
- Vice Chair for Financial Services Litigation Section
- Litigation regarding Fiduciary Duty/Estates and Trusts
- Commercial Litigation
Highlights & Recognitions
- Recipient, Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Selected for inclusion in West Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2012-2018
- 2017 Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award Recipient
- Leadership West Virginia, Class of 2016
- Featured Case: FBT attorneys granted stay in West Virginia, ensuring continued care for over 300 children in need
Memberships & Affiliations
- West Virginia State Bar
- West Virginia Defense Trial Counsel
- American Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- West Virginia Supreme Court: WVCCPA does not apply to Landlord/Tenant Relationships
- How to Address a Consumer Dispute in Compliance with Fair Credit Reporting Act
- CFPB ARBITRATION RULE: What You Need to Know Now
- WEST VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT DISMISSES M.E.R.S. RECORDING FEE PUTATIVE CLASS ACTION
- Witness Only Closings in West Virginia and Notary Fees: Is Your Bank at Risk for a Class Action Lawsuit?
- Fourth Circuit Issues Significant Ruling on West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act Statute of Limitations Defense
- Southern District Of West Virginia Recognizes That Common Law Actions Based Upon Alleged Violations Of The West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act Cannot Proceed
- Northern District Of West Virginia Confirms Breach Of Covenant Of Good Faith And Dealing Is Not A Stand-Alone Cause Of Action In West Virginia
- Overdraft Fee Final Guidance From The FDIC
- New Credit Card Rules In Effect August 22, 2010
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Editions of West Virginia Super Lawyers® and West Virginia Rising Stars®
- Jared Tully Receives 2017 Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award by the West Virginia Bar and Legal Aid
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of West Virginia Super Lawyers® and West Virginia Rising Stars®
- Carol Smith and Jared Tully Recognized in 2016 Editions of West Virginia Super Lawyers® and West Virginia Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2015 Editions of West Virginia Super Lawyers® and West Virginia Rising Stars®
- Carol Smith and Jared M. Tully Recognized in 2014 West Virginia Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 12 New Members
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Putnam County Board of Zoning Appeals, President
- Cubmaster, Pack 283
- Extensive time vounteered to Legal Aid of West Virginia
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Banking Law Blog
Overdraft Fee Final Guidance From The FDIC, November 19, 2010
New Credit Card Rules In Effect, August 22, 2010
The Coming Wave of DIrector and Office Lawsuits, WV Bankers Association 2013