Jason M. Bergeron
Jason counsels companies and creditors as they seek to protect their investments and collateral, while also balancing the demands of day-to-day operations and long-term business viability. He represents lenders, trustees, unsecured creditors and debtors in commercial workouts, commercial foreclosures and bankruptcies. Jason works on a wide range of bankruptcy litigation issues including preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, cash collateral and stay relief matters. Jason has also represented multiple high net-worth investors in seeking bankruptcy discharge objections arising from debtors’ fraudulent conduct.
Jason also maintains a varied commercial litigation practice where he works with companies and individuals to find the most effective solutions to business disputes both before and after litigation arises. His experience includes business sale disputes, securities fraud litigation, non-compete and trade secret disputes, corporate director and officer liability claims, insurance coverage disputes, and state licensing appeals. He has conducted commercial trials in circuit and federal district courts and has also conducted numerous contested administrative hearings before federal and state administrative bodies of all types.
Jason has also counseled and guided local government entities and private companies through regulatory inquiries and investigations conducted by the United States Department of Justice and numerous other federal and state agencies, including overseeing complex data and information gathering operations.
Jason’s recent work experience includes:
- Defending UCC Article 9 sale buyer in federal fraudulent conveyance litigation.
- Representing investor client in obtaining seven figure debt non-discharge judgment arising from fraudulent conduct by a former partner.
- Representing loan guarantor agency in litigation matters across Tennessee.
- Lead counsel for purchaser of business in breach of sale agreement action, culminating in favorable mediation result.
- Representing investor client in a series of complex litigation matters throughout Southeast involving fiduciary duty and fraud claims against a co-investor.
- Representing investor client in pursuit of creditor claims throughout a complex, interrelated Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Representation of large corporate client in dispute with former employee regarding enforcement of non-compete covenants, achieving early injunctive relief and favorable settlement shortly thereafter.
Jason has been recognized as a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2012 through 2016. Jason has served on the Board of Directors for the Nashville Opera since 2013 and currently serves on its Executive Committee. He is active with Vanderbilt Alumni Association programs and is an avid supporter of Vanderbilt athletics, having previously served on the National Commodore Club's young alumni board. Jason is also the former Vice-President for the Board of Directors of Historic Nashville.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Frost Brown Todd Nashville Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Mid-South Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 11 New Members
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Mid-South Rising Stars®
- 8 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers®; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- Six Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Six Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2012 Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®
- Jason M. Bergeron Joins Frost Brown Todd
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Nashville Opera, Board member and Executive Committee member
- Vanderbilt University Alumni Interview Program
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity, Kappa Chapter Alumni Association- Past Vice-President
- Historic Nashville, Past Board member and Past Vice-President
- Vanderbilt National Commodore Club Young Alumni Board, Past Board member