Jason M. Bergeron
Jason is a trusted advisor and litigator who represents companies and individuals in a number of highly regulated industries.
Jason advises financial institutions, lenders and creditors in commercial loan workouts and restructurings, regulatory compliance issues and commercial foreclosures, as well as creditor representations in bankruptcy litigation claims, preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, debt discharge objections, cash collateral and stay relief matters.
Jason also advises automotive manufacturers and tier one suppliers facing troubled automotive supply chain challenges, including large supplier and automotive bankruptcies and risk management matters. He also advises companies and government entities as they address public-private partnerships, data sharing and privacy issues and other regulatory needs arising in the ever-evolving mobility ecosystem.
Jason has counseled companies and local government entities facing regulatory inquiries and investigations conducted by the United States Department of Justice and numerous other federal and state agencies, including overseeing complex data and information gathering operations.
Jason maintains a varied commercial litigation practice including representations for complex contract disputes, investment disputes, employment disputes and discrimination claims, securities fraud litigation, non-compete and trade secret disputes, corporate director and officer liability claims, and insurance coverage disputes. He has conducted commercial trials in circuit and federal district courts and has also conducted numerous contested administrative hearings before federal and state administrative bodies of all types.
Jason’s recent work experience includes:
- Representation of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc. and its North American affiliates in complex global restructuring of Takata Corporation, one of the world’s largest global bankruptcy matters.
- Representing loan guarantor agency in litigation matters across Tennessee.
- Representation of government sponsored enterprise in commercial foreclosure actions and litigation throughout Tennessee.
- Work on investigative compliance team representing large insurance company facing several state regulatory inquiries.
- Defending UCC Article 9 sale buyer in federal fraudulent conveyance litigation.
- Lead counsel for purchaser of business in breach of sale agreement action, culminating in favorable mediation result.
- Representing investor client in a series of complex litigation matters throughout the Southeast involving fiduciary duty and fraud claims against a co-investor and pursuit of creditor claims throughout a complex set of interrelated Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Representing investor client in obtaining seven figure debt non-discharge judgment arising from fraudulent conduct by a former partner.
- Representation of large corporate client in dispute with former employee regarding enforcement of non-compete covenants, achieving early injunctive relief and favorable settlement shortly thereafter.
Jason has been recognized as a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2012 through 2017. Jason has served on the Board of Directors for the Nashville Opera since 2013, including serving as Vice President and currently serves on its Executive Committee. He is active with Vanderbilt Alumni Association programs and is an avid supporter of Vanderbilt athletics, having previously served on the National Commodore Club's young alumni board. Jason is also the former Vice-President for the Board of Directors of Historic Nashville.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2012-2017
- Frost Brown Todd Nashville Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Mid-South Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 11 New Members
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Mid-South Rising Stars®
- 8 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers®; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- Six Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Six Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2012 Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®
- Jason M. Bergeron Joins Frost Brown Todd
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Nashville Opera, Board member and Executive Committee member
- Vanderbilt University Alumni Interview Program
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity, Kappa Chapter Alumni Association- Past Vice-President
- Historic Nashville, Past Board member and Past Vice-President
- Vanderbilt National Commodore Club Young Alumni Board, Past Board member