Jeremy M. Grayem
Jeremy has a lengthy background in business litigation and is part of the Government Services Practice Group. He advises his clients at all stages of pre-litigation and litigation, evaluating the risks and benefits of litigation, and examining potential avenues for early and effective resolution. Jeremy has experience with utility-based litigation (traditional and regulatory), eminent domain/appropriations litigation, and contractual/business disputes, among other specialties.
- Represented numerous public utility companies in state and federal courts around Ohio in the protection of their pre-existing property interests and easements.
- Represented public utilities before the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio in matters ranging from base rate case establishment to the formation of power purchase agreements.
- Represented municipalities around Ohio in various forms of litigation, including eminent domain actions, Sec. 1983 claims and Sunshine Law/public records challenges.
- Represented a large Ohio public electric utility in connection with protecting some of its largest transmission lines from interference with a newly installed interstate natural gas pipeline.
- Represented a large national retailer in a catastrophic injury case, getting the potentially million-dollar case dismissed on summary judgment based on Ohio law governing on-site independent contractors.
- Represented the hospitality industry and consumers and prevailed in a bed/lodging tax case that violated Ohio statutory tax laws.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion to Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2018
- Selected for inclusion to Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star®, 2007, 2011-2014
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member of Virtual Community School of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Leadership Upper Arlington Graduate
- Mid-Ohio Foodbank Drive Coordinator
- United Way Drive Coordinator
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Eminent Domain; Process and Pitfalls, Ohio State Bar Association, March 9, 2011.
Unintended Stormwater Consequences, Ohio Society of Professional Engineers/American Society of Civil Engineers, May 27, 2009.
Winning Your First Civil Trial in Ohio; What They Don’t Teach You in Law School, National Business Institute, December 2005.