Kellie is an Associate in the Employee Benefits Practice Group in Frost Brown Todd's Louisville office. She joined the firm in 2017, after participating in the 2016 Summer Associate Program. She focuses her practice in the areas of employer health and welfare plans and retirement plans, including 401(k) plans and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs).
Kellie graduated magna cum laude from the University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law. While in law school, Kellie was a two-year member of the Robert F. Wagner Labor and Employment Law Moot Court Team. In 2016, the team won first place in the Wagner Competition hosted by New York Law School, and Kellie argued in the final round. In addition to moot court, Kellie served as Articles Editor on the University of Louisville Law Review and was elected Chair of the law school's Honor Council. She was also an active member of the Student Bar Association, serving as Professional Development Chair and Representative to the American Bar Association.
While in law school, Kellie served as a legal intern at Churchill Downs Incorporated, where she collaborated with in-house counsel on regulatory compliance and industry best practices.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Top Grade Awards, Employment Law, Dispute Resolution, Torts II, Basic Legal Skills
- Samuel L. Greenbaum Excellence in Legal Writing Award
- Member of the National Championship Team, Robert F. Wagner Labor and Employment Law Moot Court Competition, New York Law School, 2016
Memberships & Affiliations
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL), Secretary and General Counsel, 2018-2019
- American Bar Association, Member
- Farnsley by 40 (Fund for the Arts)
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Brandeis Honor Society, Top 5% of Law School Class