Kevin M. Tierney
Kevin is a member of Frost Brown Todd, practicing in the area of business litigation and white collar criminal defense. He represents clients in matters concerning forgery, bank fraud, securities fraud, environmental crimes, health care fraud and abuse, and other white collar crimes. He also represents those accused of criminal misconduct in state court.
Kevin is experienced in state and federal criminal matters. Prior to joining the firm, he served as Special Assistant United States Attorney for the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Ohio. In this position, he enforced federal criminal law with a specialization in financial crimes; provided legal counsel to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies; and led a team of federal agents and local law enforcement to focus on financial investigations and prosecutions.
In addition to his role as Special Assistant United States Attorney, Kevin served as a Special Agent for the United States Secret Service for seven years. As a Special Agent, he handled federal criminal investigations and prosecutions, including matters of identity theft and fraud involving financial institutions. He has led numerous investigations involving employee embezzlement; bank fraud and identity theft; and a complex, multi-million dollar mortgage fraud scheme.
Kevin also served as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office where he was responsible for all aspects of case management including witness interviews, motion practice, trial preparation and trial.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Association of Former Agents of the U.S. Secret Service
- 2019 Labor & Employment Law Seminar- West Chester
- 2019 Labor & Employment Law Seminar
- 2019 Labor & Employment Law Seminar- Florence
- Healthcare: Using Big Data to Avoid Big Problems
- Rescheduled TBD: Investigating Health Care Fraud
- What if They Come Knocking? Dealing with Search Warrants, Interview Requests and Media Attention
- Ethics and Professionalism: A pragmatic review of current issues in several substantive areas and how they are impacted by considerations of ethics and professionalism.