Kimberly K. Mauer
Kim practices in the commercial real estate and banking area. As a former General Counsel to a bank, she has significant experience in a wide array of matters relating to financial institutions. In addition, she has worked with a variety of financial institutions to work out portfolios of troubled loans. She has worked with financial institutions that were under a Memorandum of Understanding to address issues identified by the regulators. In each case, this required working out troubled assets, creating compliance and reporting systems, and preparing loan documents to address regulatory issues. Kim also represents parties with regard to New Markets Tax Credits.
A $315,000,000 secured syndicated facility to a Borrower in the medical device industry
A $300,000,000 unsecured syndicated loan to a Borrower in the automotive industry
A $150,000,000 secured syndicated loan to a Borrower in the check cashing industry
Represented numerous QALICBs and CDEs with regard to New Market Tax Credit QLICI loan documentation
Regularly advises banking clients concerning regulatory matters
Highlights & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2008-2018
- Chambers USA® America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2011-2013
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Business Law
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Ohio Bar Association, Banking and Business Law
Recent Blog Posts
- COMMERCIAL LAW “BOOT CAMP” SUCCESSFUL AGAIN
- Noting the Notary Provisions
- It Is All In The Details!
- Destiny, Karma, and Other Things That Come Back to Haunt
- What Is Your Preference?
- CLOSING PROTECTION LETTERS-Do I really need one?
- To Pre-Empt Or Not to Pre-Empt, That Is The Question
- Attorney in Fact - or Fiction?
- First In Time Is First In Right, Right?
- Dice v. White Family Cos.: A Course in the Meaning of "Holders in Due Course"
- Replacing HVCRE with HVADC
- Faithless Employees – Who is at Risk for Their Fraudulent Endorsement on Checks?
- Protecting Your Assets as the Transition Date of Revised UCC Article 9 Approaches
- ALP: I have a small business. My lender wants me to sign loan documents that contain a “confession of judgment” provision. What is it?
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum Recognizes Frost Brown Todd as Six-Time “Gold Standard Law Firm”
- Spring 2018 Diversity & Inclusion Report
- Fall/Winter 2017 Diversity & Inclusion Report
- Summer 2017 Diversity & Inclusion Report
- 161 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Frost Brown Todd Named 2017 Gold Standard Law Firm by Women in Law Empowerment Forum
- Winter/Spring 2017 Diversity & Inclusion Report
- Fall/Winter 2016 Diversity & Inclusion Report
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- Frost Brown Todd Named 2014 Gold Standard Law Firm by Women in Law Empowerment Forum
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- Frost Brown Todd Receives Gold Standard Certification for Women Empowerment
- 67 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Chambers USA®
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
- 150 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2012 Edition
- 57 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2011 Chambers USA®
- 145 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2011 Edition
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Mercy Foundation Board, Trustee, 2001-2008
- Mercy Social Service Board, Chairperson, 2000-2009
- Cincinnati Development Fund, Chairperson, 2002-
- Mercy Health Partners Regional Board, Trustee, 2008-2017
- Forest Hills Foundation for Education, Trustee, 2017-