Mary (Peggy) G. Shukairy
Peggy practices U.S. immigration and nationality law. She primarily represents clients in obtaining non-immigrant and immigrant employment based visas for foreign national employees. Peggy has lectured at bar association seminars and civic meetings.
Representation of employers on immigration matters:
- H-1B, TN, L, Blanket L, O-1, and E nonimmigrant visas
- Green cards
- Schedule A
- Special Handling Labor Certifications
- Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Researcher or Professor, and Advanced Degree Professional (with or without National Interest Waiver) Immigrant Petitions
Representation of employers for outbound assignments to other countries:
- Business visas to Canada, Mexico, UK, and Germany
- Residence/Work permits to China and Italy
Advise and train companies on I-9 compliance and workforce enforcement issues
Industries represented include:
- Food and Beverage
- Life Science
- Health Care
- Financial Services
- Consumer Manufacturing
- Industrial Manufacturing
Memberships & Affiliations
- Ohio Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- California Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association: Grievance Committee 2014- Present; Immigration Committee CLE Coordinator 2011-2015; Trustee, 2006-2007; Women Lawyers Committee Chair 2005-2007 and CLE Coordinator 2002-2005
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, 2008
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Government Affairs Committee, 2010-Present; WE Lead Program, 2010-2011
Recent Blog Posts
- FBT Immigration Update: March/April 2018
- USCIS Guidance Foreshadows a Crackdown on Outplacements of H-1B Workers
- FBT Immigration Update: November/December 2017
- FBT Immigration Update September/October 2017
- FBT Immigration Update August/September 2017
- FBT Immigration Update: July/August 2017
- FBT Immigration Update: June/July 2017
- FBT Immigration Update: May/June 2017
- FBT Immigration Update: April/May 2017
- FBT Immigration Update: November/December 2016
- FBT Immigration Update: September/October 2016
- FBT Immigration Update: July/August 2016
- FBT Immigration Update: May/June 2016
- FBT Immigration Update: March/April 2016
- FBT Immigration Update: February/March 2016
- DHS Proposes Significant Changes to Employment-Based Immigration System
- New USCIS Policy Memorandum Clarifies Employers’ Obligations Before Relocating H-1B Employees
- Employer Slapped With $600,000 Fine For I-9 Violations
- Federal Government to Extend Work Authorization to Certain Spouses of H-1B Aliens
- Planning for the Year Ahead: H-1B Cap Season
- H-1B Cap Update
- New I-9 Form Released
- Traveling over the Holidays
- Federal Contractors Required to use E-Verify Beginning September 8, 2009
- Immigration Issues with RIFs & Layoffs
- USCIS REACHES FY 2009 H-1B CAP
- ALP: How can I find additional staff during the summer months?
- Foreign Earned Income Exclusion for U.S. Taxpayers Living Abroad
- USCIS Reverses Course
- Take Steps to Comply with Immigration
- President of Temporary Labor Company Sentenced for Conspiracy to Provide Illegal Workers
- Immigration Reform Targets Employers and Worksite Enforcement
- Immigration Dispatch
- Immigration Dispatch
- Immigration Issues in Mergers and Acquisitions
- 2016 Labor & Employment Law in West Chester, Ohio
- 2016 Labor & Employment Law Conference in Florence, Kentucky
- CINCINNATI: 2015 Labor & Employment Law Conference
- FLORENCE: 2015 Labor & Employment Law Conference
- WEST CHESTER: 2014 Labor & Employment Law Conference
- CINCINNATI: 2014 Labor & Employment Law Conference
- FLORENCE: 2014 Labor & Employment Law Conference
- Mid-2013 Labor and Employment Law Symposium
- Buy Local and Hire Carefully - Impacts of the new local Indiana business preference statute, E-Verify requirements, and Department of Labor initiatives
- Managing Construction in Difficult Times
- Immigration Compliance: Past, Present, Future
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- French American Business Alliance- Nominating Committee 2016
- French American Business Alliance, President 2014-2015
- Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 2nd Vice Chair of the Executive Committee, former
- Purdue Club of Cincinnati, former Board Member
- Inter-Ethnic Council of Greater Cincinnati, former Board Member
Non-FBT Publications and Events
“H-1B Alternatives”, Cincinnati Bar Association, February 12, 2015.
“Immigration Briefing,” Employers Resource Association, January 20, 2015
“Brave New World of I-9s,” Allied Construction Industries, January 8, 2015
“H-1B Alternatives”, Cincinnati Bar Association, March 13, 2014.
“Legal Breakfast Briefing,” Employers Resource Association, March 5, 2014.
“Legal Breakfast Briefing,” Employers Resource Association, February 19, 2013.
“Immigration & the Community,” Leadership Warren County, October 4, 2012.
“Immigration Issues for Doctors & Nurses,” Cincinnati Bar Association, September 13, 2012.
"BusinessWise with Crystal Faulkner and Tom Cooney" Podcast, May 11, 2009.
"Operating in Europe: Labor & Immigration Seminar," European-American Chamber of Commerce, May 2009.
"Immigration Basics," Cincinnati Bar Association Seminar, March 2009.
"Immigration Laws," Interview with Bill Cunningham on Clear Channel's 700WLW, November 2008.
"Are You Crossing the Pond," Great Lakes Relocation Council, 2008 Relocation Conference, September 2008.
"How to Complete An I-9 Form & Consequences," Allied Construction Industries Seminar, September 2008.
"E-Verify," Ohio Valley Club Managers Chapter of the Club Managers Association of America, August 2008.
"Effective Immigration Practices," Associated Builders & Contractors Seminar, June 2008.
"Immigration Law Update," Cincinnati Bar Association, May 2008.
"Effective Immigration, Hiring, Discipline & Discharge Practices," Allied Construction Industries Seminar, February 2008.
"Are You Doing it Right?," Northeast Chamber of Commerce, November 2007.
"Dissecting the Asset Purchase Agreement," September 2007.
"Immigration," Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati USA, Inc. and Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce, April 2007.
"Immigration Compliance: Past, Present, Future," Allied Construction Industries Seminar, May 2006.
"21st Century Immigration Law," Cincinnati Bar Association Seminar, November 2005.
Author: "Take Steps to Comply with Immigration," Cincinnati Business Courier, 2007.
Author: "Immigration Enforcement, Reform and Compliance," Building Ohio, Associated General Contractors of America, June 2006.
Author: "Ask the Legal Professional - What is a Visa?" Cincinnati Business Courier, 2005.
Co-Author: “Competing Against DIY” Services Marketing Quarterly, 2001.