Ryan S. Lett
Ryan is an attorney in the firm’s business litigation practice group.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ryan worked as a summer associate in 2010. Before attending law school, he worked as a financial analyst for a major airline. In this position, Ryan prepared financial statements, evaluated the profitability of potential projects, and was the primary individual responsible for forecasting the company’s cash flows.
Highlights & Recognitions
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence Award
- American Bankruptcy Law Journal Prize
- CALI Awards: Legislation, Bankruptcy: Debtor-Creditor, Business Bankruptcy
- Randal L. Wilson Award for attaining the top grade point average in the Department of Economics
Memberships & Affiliations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- Supreme Court Issues Final Word on Whether Unaccepted Rule 68 Offers of Judgment Moot Putative Class Actions… Or Does It?
- Southern District of Ohio Rejects Attempt to Moot Putative Class Action By Using a Rule 68 Offer of Judgment.
- Third Circuit affirms that certified class may include members who are unable to demonstrate any legal injury.
- Northern District of Illinois' Decision Gives Hope to Defendants Facing Class Actions in Unfriendly Venues.
- Second Circuit Joins Circuits Limiting Impact of Individualized Damages Issues on Rule 23(b)(3) Certification After Comcast
- Eastern District of Michigan holds that Rule 68 Offer of Judgment moots proposed class representative's claims.
- Growing Wave of Class Actions Alleging Deceptive Pricing in Outlet Stores Threatens to Engulf Clothing Retailers Nationwide.
- Tenth Circuit denies relevance of Wal-Mart v. Dukes to class-wide sufficiency of evidence determinations
- Northern District of West Virginia denies certification to improper "fail-safe" class in wage lawsuit against Dollar General Corporation.
- Impact of Rule 23(c)(4) Issue Certification on Rule 23(b)(3) Classes
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Turpin High School Mock Trial Coach