Suzanne M. Fisher-Edwards
Suzanne has counseled clients in a wide array of environmental and energy law matters, including transactional, regulatory and compliance matters for over two decades. She is a member of the Environmental Practice Group and the Energy and Natural Resources Industry Team.
Suzanne’s environmental law practice encompasses due diligence, remediation and litigation related to commercial and industrial property transactions. She also litigates property damage and environmental contamination claims under CERCLA and the Ohio Voluntary Action Program.
Her energy practice includes many aspects of advanced and renewable energy, as well as oil and gas leases worth hundreds of millions of dollars for one of the largest landowners in Ohio. She utilizes her transactional experience to negotiate power purchase agreements and generator equipment facility leases. Suzanne also negotiated the first submerged land lease for offshore wind in Ohio.
- Environmental counseling regarding issues affecting real estate development and transactions.
- Represent energy supplier in transmission agreements.
- Negotiate power purchase agreements for private and public entities.
- Represent clients in cleanup of contaminated sites, including negotiation of orders and consent decrees with regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate environmental issues associated with a plant closing, including document retention, UST removal, remediation, oversight and permit termination.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Top Lawyers in Energy and Utilities, Columbus CEO, 2016
- Who to Watch in Energy, Columbus Business First, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation, 2011-2020
Memberships & Affiliations
- Commercial Real Estate Women of Columbus, Inc.
- Columbus Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- Ohio State Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee, Chair 2013-2015
- Columbus Metropolitan Club, Member since 2008
- Ohio Women Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
Non-FBT Publications and Events
“Oil & Gas Development: Managing Risks and Seizing Opportunities,” Ohio Water Law and Community Opportunities for Innovative Water System Management, presented by Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District, Canton, October 12, 2016.
“Oil & Gas Development: Managing Risks and Seizing Opportunities,” Ohio Water Law and Community Opportunities for Innovative Water System Management, presented by Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District, New Philadelphia, March 22, 2016.
"Responsible Oil and Gas Development: Putting Green in Your Pocket and Keeping the Environment Green,” Huntington Bank, May 2013.
“Technical and Legal Issues Regarding Oil and Gas Development,” Ohio Federation of Soil and Water Conservation Districts Annual Meeting, February 27, 2012.
“Oil and Gas Groundwater Issues,” Ohio Water Laws and Regulations, HalfMoon LLC Seminar, November 2011.
“Advanced Issues in Real Estate” 2006 NBI Seminar; “Will You Marry Me? Wind Energy Development in Ohio,” co-author with David Nash, GEO News Wind Energy Edition, June 2009.