Tessa L. Castner
Based in the Cincinnati office of Frost Brown Todd, Tessa represents employers in all aspects of employment law including employment litigation, traditional labor work, and administrative hearings. She has experience working on litigation matters involving claims of employment discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and wage and hour violations. Tessa also advises clients on employment related issues, such as contract disputes, disciplinary matters, terminations, and other personnel policies and concerns.
Originally from West Chester, Ohio, Tessa earned her B.A. in political science and Spanish from The Ohio State University. She then moved to St. Louis where she earned her Juris Doctor from Washington University School of Law. While in law school, Tessa was an active member of the Public Service Advisory Board and Women’s Law Caucus. Prior to joining FBT, Tessa worked at the firm as a summer associate.
Highlights & Recognitions
- CALI Award for Excellence, Labor Law
- CALI Award for Excellence, Trusts & Estates
- CALI Award for Excellence, Family Law
- Golden Quill Award for Best Brief, Wiley Rutledge Moot Court Competition
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Ohio State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- Miscimarra Era Ends With Four Key Employer-Friendly Decisions
- Ohio Minimum Wage Jumps to $8.30 in 2018
- DOL Withdraws Joint Employment and Independent Contractor Guidance
- OSHA’s Anti-Retaliation Regulation May Impact Your Workplace Policies
- DOL Issues Employer Guidance and New FMLA Poster
- Delays in Washington - Who Would Have Guessed?
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Girls on the Run of Greater Cincinnati, Inc., Board Member
- ArtsWave Young Professionals Committee, Member
- Board Orientation and Leadership Development Program, United Way of Greater Cincinnati, Spring 2016