Tyler J. Hall
Tyler’s practice focuses on finance and commercial real estate, and he provides counsel to developers, investors, and financial institutions in the acquisition, disposition, leasing, managing, construction and financing of multifamily, retail, hospitality, office, mixed-use, industrial, energy, and infrastructure projects. Tyler has significant experience in a wide range of traditional real estate matters, including drafting and negotiating development agreements, construction contracts, restrictions agreements, purchase and sale agreements, ground leases, facility and office leases, and construction and permanent loan documents.
As a member of Frost Brown Todd’s Energy and Natural Resources industry team, Tyler has a passion for the development of America’s renewable energy industry. On behalf of project sponsors, lenders, and major project participants, Tyler has drafted and negotiated purchase and sale agreements, power purchase agreements, hedge agreements, loan agreements, and the underlying real property documents affecting a project, all of which make the large-scale deployment of renewable energy projects possible. Tyler has performed title and survey work for wind and solar projects covering tens of thousands of acres of leased ground in almost a dozen states, negotiated and satisfied title insurance requirements, resolved conflicts between mineral and surface development, and negotiated wind and solar leases with landowners.
Tyler regularly advises clients on the formation and dissolution of joint ventures, project and site development, and the deployment of capital into major projects.
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Tyler worked at a large international law firm and specialized in project finance for the energy and infrastructure industries, working on some of the largest and most sophisticated deals and transactions in the world. Tyler is a 2016 graduate of The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, where he was executive articles editor of the Ohio State Law Journal, and a finalist in both the Lawrence Negotiation Competition and the Representation in Mediation Competition. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude, in Political Science and German.
- Represent national lender in connection with the financing of major, investor-grade projects.
- Advise private equity firm in the acquisition and disposition of interests in joint ventures.
- Advise real estate developers in the formation of joint ventures, capital raising, and acquisition, disposition and leasing of real estate.
- Represent landlords and tenants in negotiation of retail, office and industrial leases.
- Represent major private companies in negotiation of virtual and physical delivery power purchase agreements.
- Advised project developer in the debt and tax equity financing of a large portfolio of community solar projects.
- Acted as real estate counsel to a large public utility in its development of several utility-scale wind projects.
- Represented a non-profit lender in a pro bono capacity in a multimillion-dollar credit agreement transaction.
- Represented a large energy company in its sale of a portfolio of hydroelectric assets.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Green Energy Ohio, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- West Virginia Bar Association, Member