Vincent E. Mauer
Vincent is a member at Frost Brown Todd LLC and practices in the litigation department. He represents clients in commercial and business disputes with particular emphasis on financial institutions and instruments, including financial institution bonds, securities, insurance policies and commercial loans.
He has represented individuals, partnerships, insurers, insurance brokers and corporations in trials, arbitrations and mediations concerning contract disputes, letters of credit, UCC issues (Articles 2, 2A, 3, 4, 5, 8, and 9) bankruptcy issues (preference, fraudulent conveyance), insurance coverage issues, eminent domain disputes, mortgage foreclosure and collection cases. Vincent also handles disputes against the Internal Revenue Service and other governmental entities for sureties, guarantors, secured lenders, judgment creditors and others who compete with the government for money or assets.
- A plaintiffs class action alleging securities law violations.
- 17 related cases against an excess and surplus lines insurance broker who issued a certificate on a Lloyd ’s syndicate.
- Plaintiff’s class action alleging fraudulent marketing of life insurance.
- RICO/bank fraud defense of a financial institution whose president was removed by regulatory authorities.
- Internal Revenue Service, District Counsel's Office 1985-1987
Highlights & Recognitions
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
Memberships & Affiliations
- Ohio Association of Certified Public Accountants, Passed the CPA examination in 1987
- Chartered Life Underwriter, Passed all ten CLU
Recent Blog Posts
- Planning Litigation for the Lender: Lender Can Sue Out-of-State Borrower’s Counsel in Lender’s Home Jurisdiction
- A Primer for Litigation Counsel Regarding the Organizing of Loan Workout and Cybersecurity Professionals: Substantive Expertise versus A New Perspective and Freedom from the Past
- Collateral Descriptions in UCC Financing Statements
- Unique Concerns When Foreclosing Junior Liens on Real Estate in Ohio
- The First Filed Real Estate Interest Has Priority, Sometimes
- So Many Adages So Little Time
- When a Lender Must File and Send a Form 1099-C to Report Debt Forgiveness
- Small Banks and FinTech: an Opportunity?
- Admit and Legislators Acknowledge That Real Estate Professionals Are Human and Need Protection From Harmless Errors
- Dormancy and Revival: Long-Term Judgment Collection in Ohio
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Clermont Chamber of Commerce, Member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Chair of the Government Affairs Council, Chairperson, 2003, 2004
- Boy Scouts of America, Dan Beard Counsel, NESA and District Executive