Vincent E. Mauer
Vincent is a member at Frost Brown Todd LLC and practices in the litigation department. He represents clients in commercial and business disputes with particular emphasis on financial institutions and instruments, including financial institution bonds, securities, insurance policies and commercial loans.
He has represented individuals, partnerships, insurers, insurance brokers and corporations in trials, arbitrations and mediations concerning contract disputes, letters of credit, UCC issues (Articles 2, 2A, 3, 4, 5, 8, and 9) bankruptcy issues (preference, fraudulent conveyance), insurance coverage issues, eminent domain disputes, mortgage foreclosure and collection cases. Vincent also handles disputes against the Internal Revenue Service and other governmental entities for sureties, guarantors, secured lenders, judgment creditors and others who compete with the government for money or assets.
- A plaintiffs class action alleging securities law violations.
- 17 related cases against an excess and surplus lines insurance broker who issued a certificate on a Lloyd ’s syndicate.
- Plaintiff’s class action alleging fraudulent marketing of life insurance.
- RICO/bank fraud defense of a financial institution whose president was removed by regulatory authorities.
- Internal Revenue Service, District Counsel's Office 1985-1987
Highlights & Recognitions
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
Memberships & Affiliations
- Ohio Association of Certified Public Accountants, Passed the CPA examination in 1987
- Chartered Life Underwriter, Passed all ten CLU
Recent Blog Posts
- LIS PENDENS IN OHIO Tips for Leasehold Mortgagees and Other SNDA Beneficiaries
- Ohio's Data Protection Act: An Opportunity for Financial Institutions That Operate in Ohio
- Ohio’s Data Protection Act: An Opportunity for Financial Institutions That Operate in Ohio
- Agreed, Not Unauthorized and yet Unenforceable
- Update and Expansion: Appeals in a Foreclosure Case, an Empty Right in Ohio?
- What a Collection Lawyer Should Know About a Client’s Information Management Systems
- The Commercial Litigator and His Client’s Information Management Systems
- Planning Commercial Collection Litigation: A Primer
- A Thoughtful Bankruptcy Lawyer’s Opportunity to Anticipate
- Entity Receiverships and the Dangerous Federal Priority Statute
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Clermont Chamber of Commerce, Member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Chair of the Government Affairs Council, Chairperson, 2003, 2004
- Boy Scouts of America, Dan Beard Counsel, NESA and District Executive